Wattpad Original
There are 29 more free parts

Chapter Four

Maddie

I googled what hotel Cameron was staying in. I know I shouldn't have, but after seven shots of vodka, I somehow managed to make it here by Uber. It's at one of the fanciest hotels we've got downtown, only two miles from the stadium. I can feel the look of judgment as I stumble in and go up to the reception desk.

"Hi," I say stupidly as she narrows her eyes at me. "I'm here to see Cameron Holden."

Rolling her eyes, she sets her pen down and lets out a tiny laugh. "You and about twenty others, sweetheart. We can't give out his room information. It's confidential."

"Oh, you don't understand. I'm not a fan, I'm..." I trail off, unsure of what to call myself. "A friend," I finally say.

"A friend," she repeats, clearly not believing me. "Look, I don't want to have to call security. Either you leave or I'll take matters into my own hands. It's your choice."

What a bitch! She has no idea how much history Cameron and I have. I get that this is her job, but seriously? She can't even call him to verify?

Taking matters into my own hands, I open up the settings app on my iPhone and unblock his number. I hope it's still the same as I dial his contact. I'm too drunk to think about what I'm doing. I shouldn't be here, but I don't like how we ended things.

"Maddie?" He asks tiredly. I must have woken him up. "Why are you calling? What are you still doing up?"

"I came here to see you," I say defensively, a drunk hiccup coming out immediately afterward. "I'm in the lobby of your hotel, but this bitch at reception thinks I'm a fucking fan."

"You're what?" He groans and I hear him get out of bed I think. "Are you drunk?"

"I need to talk to you after what happened earlier," I tell him, but I'm so drunk that I immediately start to cry again. I can't help it. I'm emotional. "I'm so sorry, Cameron. I'm sorry."

"Just stay right there," he says, and thankfully he doesn't sound angry. He sounds nothing like he was earlier. "I'll be there in a second, okay?"

I hang up my phone and tap my fingers on the desk, the receptionist hovering her hand over the fucking phone like I just made that entire conversation up. I can't stand her.

It's not until Cameron gets off the elevator to greet me that she seems regretful. She eyes the two of us, and finally, she tries to give me an apology.

I ignore her and stare up at Cameron from him being so tall. He looks concerned when he sees me, or maybe he's still upset. I can't tell.

"Come on," he says, grabbing onto my wrist to lead me towards the elevator. He scans a card once we're in and presses a button for one of the top floors. I'm so close to him that I can smell his cologne and fuck he smells good. He smells freshly showered.

The elevator doors open, and I gulp when I step off of it. We're in a huge private suite. There's a chandelier hanging in the foyer above us, and huge floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the city. I knew he was famous now, and I knew he had money, but never this much.

He walks into the living room and takes a seat on the big wrap-around leather couch, and I don't know what comes over me, but an overwhelming sensation of missing him seeps in. I'm just drunk, and I know I'm wasted, but I find myself crawling right onto his lap.

The breath hitches into his throat, but it seems like all the anger he has for me vanishes. He instantly relaxes, his hands coming around my waist to tug me closer to him. There's so much fucked up between us. It's been so long since we've been this close. Since I've touched him.