you can't sleep (requested)

A frustrated groan fell from your lips and into your pillow.

You were trying so hard to keep still and quiet for your sweet girlfriend who was lying beside you, sound asleep after a long and hard day.

She was so exhausted that she wanted to have an early night and it was no surprise to you that she fell asleep right as her head hit the pillow.

She was so tired that she was only able to tell you goodnight, too tired to do or say anything else.

That was around ten-thirty, which was about four hours ago.

And while Rosé has slept deeply, not waking up even once since she fell asleep then, you've been wide awake.

You're starting to become frustrated. You've done all you can think of; counting sheep, staying still with your eyes closed for minutes, and even listening to Rosie's breathing in hopes that it would help soothe you to sleep.

But nothing has helped. You're wide awake and with every minute that passes by, you're losing hope.

"Why can't I just fall asleep?" You quietly spoke as you rolled over and stared up at the ceiling.

A few minutes later, you decided that you were tired of laying there with no sight of being able to get to sleep anytime soon.

You didn't feel very tired at all and laying there in bed was only making you feel frustrated.

You felt too afraid of waking up Rosé, which is the last thing you want to do, and decided that if you can't sleep you'd just go downstairs and occupy yourself there.

You wouldn't be able to disturb your girl, who needs as much sleep as she can get right now.

You sat up and started to push away the covers. The bed dipped beneath you as you started to get up and that's when your biggest worry came true.

"Y/N?" Rosie tiredly spoke from beside you. "Where are you?"

"I'm here, baby." You said as she started to feel around the bed for you.

She turned the lamp on, the sudden light in the room making you groan and cover your eyes for a second.

"What are you doing? It's almost three in the morning."

"I know, my love. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." You said as you leaned over and kissed her forehead.

"Where are you going?"

"Downstairs." You said and watched her frown. "I can't get to sleep so I'm going to go down there and occupy myself with some movies or something."

"No, you can't leave me." She whined and pouted her lips.

"Baby, you need sleep. I don't want to keep you awake just because I can't sleep. You don't deserve that."

"I don't care. I can't sleep without you, anyway. So get back into bed and cuddle me."

"Baby-"

"Please, y/n." She begged. "Just lay with me. I'll help you fall asleep."

You didn't want to, too afraid that nothing would help and she'd be left wide awake with you for the rest of the night.

But because she looked so crushed about you leaving the bed and not being there for her to hold onto, you got back into bed and curled up beside her.

She sighed contentedly when she was able to pull you into her arms again.

"Is there anything you need to talk about? Nothing is on your mind that's keeping you awake, right? You're feeling okay mentally, physically, and emotionally, right? Tell me truthfully."

"I promise, my love, I am perfectly fine. I just can't get to sleep."

"Well, we'll change that." She promised and kissed the crown of your head as she put her arms around you. "I've got you now. Just close your eyes."

"Rosie," you sighed, about to tell her that whatever she had in mind wasn't going to help any.

But she refused to listen and shook her head at you.

"Shh. Just close your eyes, baby girl."

You did as she said and let your eyes close.

Before you could ask what she had in mind that she thought would help, she started to sing your favorite song and started to brush her fingers across your skin soothingly.

You love the sound of her voice. It always brings you comfort and she knows that her touch always does the same.

She knows the lyrics to this song like the back of her hand. It's your absolute favorite and you play it quite often, so she's got all the lyrics memorized.

She quietly sang to you, her lips close to your ear the entire time.

Her eyes were on you, full of love as she stared at you and watched your eyelashes flutter against your cheek.

"I'm getting sleepy." You mumbled tiredly and she stopped singing for a second to smile to herself.

"Good." She whispered and kissed your cheek before she continued to sing.

And just a few minutes later, you were falling into a deep sleep.

"Are you asleep yet, sweet girl?" She asked.

"Almost." You tiredly spoke. "I love you."

"I love you more." She whispered before she continued to sing.

Before you knew it, you were sound asleep, leaving Rosie with a smile on her face as she listened to you breathe.

"I knew I could help you fall asleep. I told you so." She teased before turning off the lamp and laying her head on yours. "I hope you have sweet dreams. I love you very much."

She quickly fell back asleep, much happier knowing you were now sleeping peacefully in her arms, as you deserve.