20

Trigger Warning.

Rivers pov

I drove over to his house to pick him up. He doesn't have his license, he's eighteen so I don't know why. I may or may not have listened to Sign of the Times by Harry a few times, it's been a rough few weeks, leave me alone.

"Why are we going to target?" He asks as he gets in the car.

I hold up my finger with one hand and pull my phone out with the other to show him the tiktok.

"Why?"

"Because it looks fun." I say, it should be obvious.

"Can we get food after tho I'm starving." He asks.

"Yeah, that's fine."

We start driving and go for about 10 minutes. "Oh my god." I say in realization and frustration.

"What?" He asks, concerned.

"Target's not gonna be open. I'm so stupid it closes at ten." I look up at my dashboard, "It's literally past one."

"Nooooo" He drags out.

"We'll just get food and go back to my house. What do you want?"

"Are you getting something?"

"Probably just a drink."

We got Mcdonald's. He got food and I just stuck to my Dr. Pepper. We went inside to eat because I thought it would be fun. No one's there so we could mess around.

We made it back to my house, the whole ride home I was complaining about Target being closed. Right now we're slowly making our way up my driveway. "Are you really still upset about it?" He asks.

"Yes, I really am."

"Give me your phone."

I comply and hand it to him. I can't see exactly what he's doing as I watch him take a picture of himself and startstyping. "What are you doing?" I ask.

He laughs, "Here." he hands back my phone.

I look at the screen and it's pulled up to my instagram. "Oh god, What did you do?" I ask confused on what i'm supposed to be looking at.

"Look at your story."

"Now you don't have to have the book

"Now you don't have to have the book." He says, proudly.

I smile at him. "Hurry up." I wave him on.

We get inside the first thing I see is Spencer and Cody.

"Hey guys." I say.

"River," she greets me and then gives a questioning look to the body next to me.

"Chris." He introduces himself, nodding his head.