|| Chapter XVIII ||

Word Count : 1590 words 

________________________________________________________________________________

( Location : Kamino Ward )
( (F/N) (L/N) POV )

"Sports Festival?"

I stared blankly at the UA Traitor. "The fuck you mean, Sports Festival?"

"You don't know? It's this tradition in UA," they said, as they tore open another bag of chips. "It's where the best students are pitted against each other in battle---"

"I know what the Sports Festival is," I said disgruntled. "But, I thought we had done enough damage to stop it from happening. I even killed Cementoss, who has been acting as the mediator of the Sports Festival for over 8 years now. Can't believe they're actually gonna do it after the stunt we pulled off."

"That's true....." the UA Traitor said hesitantly, and popped a few potato chips in his mouth. "But according to sensei, it's a good way to free our mind off the burden and load that the villain attack had on us. A way to move on without lingering too much. Apparently, diverting our attention to the Sports Festival makes it a bit easier."

"I see. What do you wanna do?" I asked nonchalantly.

They looked at me with a confused look. "As in?"

"Do you wanna give it your all in the Sports Festival?" I asked. "If given a chance, do you want to shine in the Sports Festival?"

"I mean, I'm obviously gonna try my hardest, right?" they said in a matter-of-factly tone. "I'm not gonna sit back and watch the show like it's the countdown for the new Attack on Titan episode."

"Do well, kid," I said. "If you somehow get a podium finish, your reveal as the UA Traitor to the rest of the world will become much more dramatic. Plus, if you do manage to rope in a few potential top Pros for your work studies, all the better."

They stared at me for a good minute, before crashing back onto the sofa. "Oh, damn. I completely forgot about my reveal to the class..... it's gonna be so messed up....."

"Don't tell me you've already grown attached to them?"

"Hey, no!" they shouted. "It's just, you know, I spend more time with those guys than I do with you on normal weekdays. So it does feel kinda weird, you know?"

"So you are becoming emotionally attached?"

"That....."

They looked at me with a tense glare, and pursed their lips in a tight line. "Like, I don't even know, man. I'll think about it when the time comes."

"..... I see," I replied. "I wasn't going to ask you to severe relations with your classmates, by the way. It's natural to develop relations among the way. You just need to make sure you have your goal in mind, okay? Don't delve too deep into any relation. It'll just make it much more harder for you when you lose it."

"Damn, you give some solid advice....."

They muttered something under their breath, and leaned back on the sofa, munching on the potato chips.