Chapter 14 || Protective

Attendanceeeeeee (This chapter is a long little rollercoaster so come prepared)

Jayce POV

"American food is..." "Disgusting?" I finish for Wanda who just throws her head back in laughter, nodding but raising a finger up as she bites into her Shake Shake burger.

"Yes but in the best way possible. Cannot get grease like this in Sokovia."

I smile at the girl and finish my milkshake, looking around at the people walking through the town.

"Okay okay, what do you think her story is?" I point at a blonde woman walking with a long jacket and a big set of sunglasses on.

Wanda smirks and lifts her hand but I grab it and narrow my eyes, "No cheating."

Sighing dramatically, the brunette girl thinks for a moment and hums, nodding in approval of her own thoughts before turning back to me, "Her name is Sharon and she is a mom of 3, trying to get her fashion design company up and running but for the moment she works as a bank teller."

Snorting, I nod and look back at the woman, "You got this Sharon, I believe in you."

Wanda giggles and looks around, "okay...what about that guy?" She points in the most obvious way to a man sitting on a bus bench smoking a cigarette, reading the newspaper.

He is dressed in a suit but the jacket is clearly wrinkled and his socks don't match. His hat though, that's my favorite part.

Rubbing my hands together I purse my lips and smirk, "Barry is an aspiring jazz musician. Soprano sax, of course. He plays at dive bars late at night, picks up ladies because you know, he's the man. During the day he shares his knowledge of jazz at a high school as a band teacher. And he only owns one suit."

I look back at Wanda who just shakes her head at me, smiling admirably. I feel my cheeks flush under the look she gives me.

"You came up with all of that?"

Smiling, I shrug, "I have a vivid imagination."

When I meet her eyes again, she scrunches her nose in that cute way she always does, but that same look is in her eyes that makes me squirm in my seat. She seems to notice her own display of affections and clears her throat, sipping her milkshake before shaking her head.

"So Rogers says I'm getting stronger. He told me that he can see I am more sure about my offensive and defensive skills."

She talks with excitement in her tone, I can notice the little dance she does of self pride which only makes me smile wider.

"That's great, Wands. I'm really happy for you."

Her soft green eyes glisten and I get a text from Peter asking if we wanna meet him. I took Wanda to meet Peter the other day, they got along really well, which made me happy. Although he thinks her and I are dating, I continue to shut the idea down but he continues to ignore me.

I also think he may have a little crush on her. Can't blame the kid, though Wanda is too old for him. Told him he has to wait until he's 18 which made him upset but Wanda just laughed at it.

"How's Natasha?"

Snapping out of my own thoughts, I look to Wanda with a slight tilt to my head, "What do you mean?"

She chuckles and shakes her head, "She stares at you on missions, you two are constantly bantering but not in a way that makes me think you hate each other. The eye contact is too strong. So what is it?"

I nearly choke on my shake and wipe the corners of my mouth with a faux-innocent shrug. Time to let your acting shine, Jay.

"I don't know what you're talking about."