15. Revelation

Licht's POV

Having dealt with the group of traders and finishing off the caravan leader, our next priority lay in the searching of their base of operations, where according to the elf child more slaves are kept caged and that included some elves as well. The boy's rest of the family were also in those cages and we intended to bring them back together. 

We had spared one of the members of the slave traders in order to get the location of the base out of him. He spilled the beans quickly though without much hassle. Witnessing the death of their leader and other members in the hands of these adventurers, he didn't feel like beating around the bush. Giving away the location of the base to get to live once again seemed like a better idea to him.

Rey let him go once he revealed the location of the base. I wanted to finish him then and there after having got the needed information from him but I didn't protest against his decision. I worked on quelling down my rage and annoyance over the elven people nearly being sold out as slaves. 

"The information we received prior from the bars and taverns were accurate. Their base is at the outskirts of Marlow in the base the of Grand Mountains." Adam broke the silence that had surrounded the group.

Angela and Durden were with the slaves, easing them off their worries and assuring them that all of them will be sent back to their families soon enough. Which left the remaining of us planning on how to get in their base and rescue the other slaves. According to the slaves present with us, they informed that the interior of the base is heavily guarded and we would be in a number disadvantage.

"We can't wait for help. It will take a long time for anyone to come to our aid even if we request for help." Reynolds spoke, crossing his arms. He was thinking of possible scenarios. The next course of action was important. They had completed the quest given to them and could return back to the Guild with the farmer's daughter.

But that wouldn't do the other captives justice and they would end up as slaves for the rest of their lives. 

"I doubt anyone would even bother to aid us for this. We are on our own for this one." Helen clicked her tongue. "We have the upper hand when it comes to power. Numbers aren't a problem. All we need to do is catch them off guard similar to how we did now in order to minimize casualties."

"The question is how..." 

"I have an idea....albeit a risky one." I finally spoke, making myself known to the ongoing discussion. Listening to their thoughts on the matter, I put some strain on my brain to figure out our next plan of action which would guarantee our success in the endeavor. 

"Let's hear it out.." Reynolds responded with a long sigh, his deep blue colored eyes now fixated on me. "Something is better than nothing."

"And given what we are planning to do, taking risks is inevitable." Adam added, wiping the blood stains off his spear.

"How about you and Reynolds take disguises and take me and Jasmine inside as new catches.." I begin. From the corner of my eye, I noticed the black-haired girl perking up on hearing her name. She focused her attention on the ongoing meeting. "I have a Dimension Ring which will hide Jasmine's daggers. They won't suspect two of their own bringing in two brats as slaves and instead welcome us in. After getting in, we let loose and wreak havoc.."

"This definitely carries a lot of risk but also the most full-proof plan here with high chances of success if we don't mess up here.." Helen broke the silence after a brief pause. "I hope you are okay with being a bait Jasmine??"

The girl in question responded with a quick thumbs up. She agreed without any sort of hesitation. She had a firm belief that nothing bad was going to happen and they would be saving all of the captives. That's the level of trust she had in her teammates.