Ch-4: Call Liam

Sherriff stilinski dragged himself through the crowd of the hospital staff and patients and finally found Melissa and followed her to whatever room she was taking him to.

"How Bad is it? Is he dying?" Noah asked Mellisa after taking his look off from the injured person.

"No, but he might have been dead if he didn't reach here in time. Lucky thing is ..he still has time..some kids out there don't.."

"Jesus...kids are really going missing huh?"

"seems like they are..", Mellisa sighed, uncomfortably.

"How did he reach here? wait...first Let me see his report."

Mellisa handed him the clipboard, with the fresh front page showing the medical report of the patient. The Sherrif's eyes widened and his jaw dropped out by now.

"Th...Theo Raeken?"

"What? I thought you had it figured by now."

"His face. what happened to his..."

"His body temperature was almost like a dead person, when he came here, the nerves and blood vessels were numb,"

"Numb...was it an Electric taser? He was tased?"

"Probably...but considering the fact that he is...he is not.... a normal human being, he is not even healing like one. The voltage was way too high to be an average taser..must have been greater than ten thousand gigawatts or so...I don't know..", Mellisa said.

"Ten thousand gigawatts? are you kidding me?", Stillinski was shocked and surprised.

"Well...If I was kidding, his werewolf ass wouldn't have been on a hospital bed now."

"Wait...he was tased, but...who admitted him here? I mean who brought him to this hospital?"

"He said that it was those people. The ones that caused his injuries. They brought him back. Which definitely seems like they didn't want him dead.."

"They brought him to the hospital? I mean...did they come inside the hospital?"

"No...they left his body outside the hospital until someone noticed that a filed a complaint of a black car moving away.." Mellisa answered.

"Black Chevrolet Silverado..." The sheriff was starting to get it. It was that code 10-53 from sector 5 that he just received a few minutes back, back at his station. It was none other than those same people that left Theo outside the hospital door.

"or they wanted to send a message perhaps...to Scott? or His pack? or whatever that's called?" Sherriff questioned.

"Perhaps..." Mellisa sighed. She really didn't hope that her son would get involved in that mess again. But what else could she do? it wasn't her choice or decision.

"Anyways...I'm gonna do my thing, I need to run some tests on him...and perhaps collect a blood sample for some lab tests. I need to see what's going on.. "

"wait a second...isn't he supposed to heal?"

"yes he was supposed to heal...but from my past three years of P.H.D in werewolf treatments...their healing has a lot to do with their own mental strength and will power..meaning ...they won't heal unless they don't believe that they will heal..or they need to heal.."

"meaning what?" Stillinski questioned.

"Simple..meaning that....he doesn't believe that he can heal or he isn't allowing himself to do so."

Stillinski took one more look at him. This time, a closer look.

There were multiple bruises on his face, one on his eyebrow, on his cheeks, jawbones and the most prominent injury that looked unusually scary was the one on his chest, which was still bandaged and had stains of red blood inside it, which indicated that he was still bleeding. Leaving aside the superficial bruises, the report showed multiple fractures on several parts of the body, on his arms, ribs, and back of the skull.

The more he looked at him, the more scared he became thinking about who or what could have possibly done this to him. What was more blood-curdling to him was the fact that whatever it was he was against, if it could do this to a werewolf, that can heal a hundred times faster than humans, survive bullet shots to the body what chaos and pain could it bring to a normal person's body.

The noisy beeping of the heart monitor kept on a table aside from the bed, increased rapidly, an-almost-dead-Theo started panting. He hardly managed to open one of his eyes, which too was swollen and looked injured.

He rotated his eyeballs while breathing heavily, as if he woke up from one of his usual nightmares, expecting to see that he was inside his car, but this time, he wasn't.

Stillinski quickly came near him before asking, "How'd this happen? Who did this?"

As much as he was concerned about the evil and wicked Theo Raeken, the one who once had vindictive intentions against Scott's pack, the one who had tried to kill Scott, the one who accused his own son of Donovan's murder, as much as he hated him still now, he was sure that whatever thing that caused him this trouble was soon to come in a full circle with Scott and the rest of his pack.

So, as he had to take some responsibility for the sake of Scott's pack, or at least, his own son.

Both Mellisa and Stillinski's eyes alarmingly turned to the ECG monitor which showed that his pulse rate was going exponentially high, abnormally high, high enough for the heart to rip itself out from the ribs.

Mellisa herself had never in her life saw such a sight, she had almost convinced herself that he would pass out soon. It was when Theo spoke out.

"Mo.... Monr....Monroe's men, they...." he stuttered to bring up the energy to produce sound from his mouth. He was indeed in pain, deep pain. The amount of pain couldn't even be imagined from a third person's point of view, it would just be felt by the person who was suffering.

Sherriff and Mellisa glanced at each other, with fear in their eyes. The name they heard was definitely not expected or definitely not a moment of joy.

He added, "You have to inform Sc...." he paused and thought about the reality of who actually help him in his vulnerable situation, he only knew one person who he was able to gain trust on, for the last time, and stated,

"Lia...Call Liam."

***