Ch-13: Blink..ski?

Stiles's POV

The past few weeks were one of the toughest days I've ever dealt with, well...in my whole life.

One of the most important missions of the FBI Academy: minting new agents. Each special agent needed to have the knowledge, skills, commitment, and fortitude to investigate terrorists, spies, and a raft of dangerous criminals.

And boy, did we train!

We spent countless hours studying everything from ethics to investigative techniques, learning about Bureau operations, gaining experience in conducting intelligence-led investigations, fine-tuning their computer skills, and pushing our bodies beyond normal physical limits.

It was an inferno-level challenge for a physically below average, skinny yet funny kid like me to get all of it done without any complaints.

It was almost noon. We were given a two hours rest time after our firearms training. All of us were in the dorm room. I was lying on my bed, recollecting all the stuff we went through and talking about it with Mike.

Mike was my colleague and I became close friends in the past few months of training. By close, I mean really close. He was honest, loyal and he didn't seem to hide anything from me, ever, and he also had that perfect sense of humor I was expecting someone to have.

Sometimes he talked about his life, sometimes I talked about mine, I talked about Scott, my dad, and Lydia.

Oh gosh, Did I miss this girl so much!

Every night I went to bed, I would dream of us together, sometimes we would go watch a movie, sometimes we would go shopping and the moment things would start getting intimate, the routine of our tightly fixed schedules would restart and we would have to keep our asses moving.

I had made up so many plans with her in my mind after our training would be over. Sometimes it felt so unfair that we were not given the privilege to use our phones all the time.

As we had just one month left for our graduation, the day when all our hurdles would be over, the day it would all pay off, Mike and I were really into that topic for a while.

After all, graduation was the finishing line and the starting gun - double-barrelled joy. So much work goes into graduation, you really do get their grade and each step is its own victory.

Graduating is elevating and humbling, for once a position of responsibility is reached, you have a greater sense of the challenges your heroes faced and overcame. It is a mountain peak reached so that you can climb for the rest of your days and become an even greater master.

As we were busy talking our guns trainer and advisor, and special agent Mr. Davidson walked into our dorm.

"Mr...umm... Blink...ski!"

He yelled after looking at a small piece of paper in his hand, and not just every student inside that dorm, every tiny insect, and all the dust particles of that floor seemed to be shaken by his confident voice.

I jumped up from my bed and stood up after hearing that mispronounced last name.

"Yes, Sir?" It was kinda a proud moment for me, as I never heard him call me out by my name, at least not in our classes. That small recognition placed a deep sense of pride inside my heart.

"Your last name is...Blink..ski?"

He looked at me for an answer as he further stepped forwards towards me. In less than milliseconds, the small sense of pride inside my heart vanished as every single student inside that room started giggling.