ch-15: Rain Drops and Intoxications

Lydia's POV

The atmosphere was getting very moist.

Large clouds were covering the skies like curtains. The clouds gave hints about a rainy day on its way. All the students seemed to rush back to their rooms, while I was the only one waiting for someone to pick me up for a ride back to the land of supernatural creatures.

It was still early when the clouds gave off their rain to the grass and trees when the road became alive with more splashes than my eyes could appreciate.

The rain came with its heaven-given soundtrack, washing every hue into a strong and soulful vibrancy.

Yet together they brought such a soothing sound, a natural melody every bit as beautiful as a mother's soulful hum. I imagined the coldness of each splash that touch my skin, although they didn't quite do so as I was still under a building.

I felt the sweetest smell of soaked, wetlands, which electrified my body with million megavolts of energy.

Right then, I saw someone of an average physique, wearing a black round neck t-shirt, simple dark blue jeans, on a bike, approaching the hostel campus.

I was about to look away before I started asking myself if it was actually Stiles.

Stiles on a bike? Never on earth.

I promise he would even walk on his feet, rather than riding a bike. The more I confused myself, the closer the biker came towards our hostel. At a point when I started to give up the thought of him being Stiles...the biker seemed to approach in my direction.

No way! No way in hell could I believe I was right.

It was Stiles Stillinski, that was of no doubt as the man took off from his bike and started running towards me. When he walked into the building, it was like the sun came out.

That time, that moment, it felt like a start of something, it felt like a start of time.

That was our first meeting since I last saw him on Beacon Hills when we were done fighting Monroe and her army of hunters.

I wasn't feeling nervous, was I?

I don't think it was my fault, was it?

Stiles had started to astonish me, make me nervous, catch me off guard and tear the unbreakable facade of my old version by himself.

Stiles had always been verbal about how he felt about me, the whole high school era of our time knew that he had a crush on me, but I could never remember myself being so bold about it.

"Stiles?" I looked at him in wonder, as our bodies started to get closer.

I felt like I was standing on a shore, watching a huge tidal wave approach me, and my feet were sinking into the sand of mixed emotions, my brain was dysfunctional and all I could do was gawk at him helplessly.

The raindrops and his presence added a weird intoxication inside my mind.

"Lydia?" Stiles stared me back with shooting stars in his eyes; they were like the masterpieces crafted so beautifully, that I could stare at them for eternity.

There were small moles as beauty spots ornamenting his adorable face. But his physical body wasn't the same as that of seventeen years old himself, which I was used to seeing.

"I missed you, Stiles...I missed you so much..." the truth unveiled from my mouth without any control. I missed Stiles every single day, every single moment.