12-twelve

The back of Bruno's ruana went further down into the growingly dark hallway.

"Hold on! Wait! Wait for me!" You mutter as you walk on the uneven floor with a few holes scattered about.

"Why did you take that vision?" Mirabel questioned as she moved closer to Bruno.

Bruno nearly jumped after hearing about the vision, obviously not wanting to talk about it yet again.

Bruno knocks on the bamboo scaffholding with his frail knuckles, "Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock on wood."

Bruno dashes away from the three of you, he was still not fully prepared to reconcile with his family.

"What does it mean? Is it why you came back or-" Mirabel continued to question her tio, with you and Dolores following shortly behind.

Bruno continued to knock on a different line of bamboo, muttering the same chant, "Knock knock knock knock knock knock on wood.".

"You were never supposed to see that vision.. noone was." Bruno held his palms together, as he still didn't think to stop walking and have a proper conversation with the three of you.

"But-" you were about to say when Bruno throws salt over his back, hitting you in the eyes.

"A little bit of salt?"

"Sugar?"

Bruno throws sugar over his back, with the same manner as the salt he threw earlier.

Your eyes could barely stay open with the different powders irritating them.

"You okay?" Dolores whispered as she leaned her arm around your shoulder, while walking a little behind you to give her space in the cramped hallways.

"Yeh.." you nodded as you were wiping your eyes with the base of your palms.

You finally regain vision and see yourself beside a cracked portion of the wall, that had differently tinted lines that sealed parts of the breakage.

"Have you... Been fixing the cracks?" You mutter as you look at the crawling streaks of dirty yellow climb around the wall.

"Oh, that? No,no,no. I'm too scared to go near those things. All the patching's done by Hernando." Bruno smiled at the cracks that he himself sealed.

"Who's Herando-"

"I am Hernando, and I'm scared of nothing!" You looked back at Bruno who now had his hood covering his face, and his mouth and nose looked scarier with his meaner and tougher demeanor.

"It's actually me.." Bruno laughed as he pulled back to hood revealing his old shy self.

"I used to say my real gift was 'acting'." Bruno laughed as he remenisced upon the times he used to act as different characters when around his sisters.

You and Dolores look confused at each other, with half of yourselves feeling weirdly towards Bruno and the other half feeling proud that he was here all along.

You look back at Bruno, who now had a bucket covering his whole head, at a spackling tool on his hand.

"I'm Jorge. I make the spackle." His voice was drowned by the metal surfaces of the old and bent bucket. The tool on his hand looked used and old.

┅┅┅┅┅┅

Bruno takes you further into the crevices of the house, there was a bigger room that all the other hallways of the scaffholding led to.

The room had poorly arranged furniture, with a rag acting as a bed, rats along every surface they could find.

"You never left..." You mutter behind Bruno's back, the man laughed awkwardly after hearing you.