Ch-19: Being back in Beacon Hills

(Scott's POV)

It was one hell of a journey back to Beacon hills. 

God knows how many times I had to put duct tape on Stiles' jeep on the way back. well..technically it was my jeep now, but still, it feels weird sometimes.

Stiles and Lydia were supposed to call me back when they reached here, but I still didn't get a call from either of them, I hoped that both of them were fine and safe and entered my house with a surge of emotions going through my mind.

"She's upstairs..." Mom finally let go of one of the tightest hugs of her life, her emotions, and feelings that she was hiding inside her mind and on her tearful eyes. 

This, by far had been the longest time interval, that we didn't see each other, so meeting her at that time, was almost predestined to be emotional.

I picked up the little, four-year-old furry friend, Duke, from the floor and my feet took the brave attempt in making my way upstairs.

Damn! This was way tougher than I had previously expected.

As my feet made contact with the stairs, I felt an electric wave hit me from the bottom and rush its way towards my brain. But, it wasn't my feet that went numb, it was just the random feeling of nostalgia that hit me when I laid my eyes on an old, dusty picture of a two-year-old-me and my mom, hanging on the wall.

The walls looked pretty different, or rather...improvised. 

Chris Argent.... that name clicked in less than milliseconds of time. 

It was odd for me at first, when I found out they were together, but I didn't care that much, as I was willing to sacrifice my feelings just to see my mother happy.

I was just a few steps away from reaching my room when my brain started chattering about all the high school memories, which were repressed deep inside my brain, for some while. It was certainly not under my command and was not prepared to shut up, no matter how hard I tried.

I pushed the half-opened door, catching an instinct of someone, with strong excitement and nervousness, mixed with a little scent of perfume, inside it.

My whole body froze when I laid eyes on her. 

She was lying on my bed facing towards the door, with her back against the wall. Her short and wavy brown hair with small highlighted curls, in the end, reached up to her neck. Her thin legs, covered with small short pants were crossed one on another, in the strongest possible way.

"I texted you so many times, you moron!" 

It was funny that she wasn't as surprised at my looks, after meeting for such a long time, and definitely not as motionless as I was.

The next moment was rushed, yet, magical. 

Malia threw her phone on the bed with the most careless attitude, uncrossed her legs, jumped out of bed, ran her way towards me, and then, I found out that our lips crushed strongly. If her eyes were the gateway to her soul, her lips were the same thing for her body. Their softness, passion, and the promise of sweetness were strongly alcoholic.

I felt, Duke, jump his way from my hands but I didn't care to notice where he went.

Her aggressive strength pushed me backward to shut the half-opened door, good enough to disable the view of any peepers from outside, if there was any.

After the door shut itself, she pulled apart from me, after slightly biting my lower lip, leaving a thin string of saliva, hanging between our faces. At that moment my insecurity came back, so I turned up my face against her, "Is everything okay?"

She stared me back with that serious look that still had her trademark warm eyes, "As long as you're with me? the rest of the world can go fuck themselves." And that's just what I needed to hear, that she was mine for then, and into the future, that there will be a future, one I could cherish to its fullest.

A bark in that room interrupted us. I tried peeping over Malia's shoulders to have a look at Duke's position, but Malia tried blocking my view every time I tried. At last, she grunted, "Ughh! What's wrong with her?"

"It's a... He...actually." I couldn't hold my smile back.

"Yeah, whatever. What's his problem?"

"umm...maybe he's hungry." I grinned.

***