Chapter Twenty Seven

1 month later

Stefano pov

I've finally healed fully and I've been working at the office again. It was a little tough to build up the company again, since I've been gone for a while now, but I managed.

Amara has been sleeping over a lot, especially in the week. Marco doesn't want to be away from her at all, neither do I.

"Bro, Aria wants you and Amara to come to our house tomorrow, we're planning a hang out." Dante says. He has been sitting in my office almost all day now, and finally he speaks.

"Why?" I ask.

"Just come, everyone is gonna be there" he says while scratching his neck, something he does when he's nervous.

"Okay... What's really happening?" I ask, leaning back in my chair.

"Pffft! Okay, promise me you'll not tell Amara" he says while giving me his pinky.

I raise my eyebrows and he wiggles his pinky in my face. I roll my eyes and join our pinkies.

"I want to propose" he says. I look at him shocked.

Dante and Aria have been together ever since high school. I still remember the first time they met. It was senior year and Aria was a new student. Everybody around the school knew us since we were considered 'popular' or 'players'.

Aria didn't know us at all, so when she accidentally spilled juice on Dante's jacket, she didn't know she was yelling at one of the most popular kid in school.

Dante wanted to force her to clean his jacket, even though she already apologized. She didn't do it though and she left him standing there in the middle of the cafeteria, looking like a fool for embarrassing himself.

Ever since then, he couldn't take his eyes of the, 'feisty new girl with the cute nose' weird, I know.

"Are you serious. How come you're only telling me now?" I ask.

"I've been planning this for a while now. Your dad even helped me get a ring. I didn't tell you because I know you'll tell Amara and ruin the suprise." he says. He takes out the box and hands it to me.

"That's the ring" he says.

"You did good man

"You did good man. I'm proud of you" I say. I stand up and give him a hug.

"Thank you. Please don't tell Amara bro" he says again.

"I won't, didn't I do your pinky promise shit?" I ask with a laugh.

He smiles before taking the ring from my hands, just in time before Amara walks in, without knocking.

"Hey Dante." she greets as she walks over to me with Marco holding her hand.

She hugs me and tilts her head up while pushing her lips together. I chuckle before I lean down and peck her lips, to which she smiles.