Ch-22: Your plans Suck!

"Your plans suck." Lydia scorned, tightening the grip on her phone.

At this point, Lydia could do nothing but act according to the plan since the very thing was already being executed at the moment. She tried to not make anything awkward between her and Stiles since it would be a bummer for them to work like that.

Before Stiles could reply his phone slipped from his pianist-like fingers but was luckily caught by him after 2-3 juggles in the air, he finally rejoined her in the line, pressing the phone to his ears "Hey you are talking to an FBI intern who.."

"..who dragged back his friends back to the stupid town where half of the people turn into rabid animals by midnight? Not cool. So not cool." Lydia was nonchalant.

Stiles frowned. 

"Well, it definitely wasn't my idea." He looked at Scott, with a vexed expression, as if pointing out the accused, who was standing right in front of him.

"If you tell me that I left the orientation lectures just for this worthless mission.."

"Hey, hey, Lydia, please listen to me" Stiles interrupted her in between and further added, "We came back for a cause, you know that. I know Scott and I did a little quick off the mark about all the planning and stuff but..Remember..The people need us here and they always will. We have no reasons to just leave them like that. I trusted you on this, 'cause I know you can do it okay? and...I know you will."

"Okay, Malia found something familiar to the scent, and it led us to a bar. She says it's that same guy with the tux."

"Same guy with the tux?"

"The same guy that Liam talked about.."

"Okay..is he inside?"

"It seems he is. We really have to do this. Don't we?"

"I know it's rude to say that, but I don't think we have any other option, Lydia."

"Okay, Stiles! thanks for the vote of confidence! We're going in, now" was all she replied at that time despite the infuriating rage she preserved inside her for not letting her attend the very first day at university. She found it rather justified for not letting herself unleash the angry Lydia at the present moment.

Stiles, on the other side of the line, felt relieved and happy to be able to calm her down and was about to say how he loved her, but Lydia hung up unintentionally leaving his sentence less than half completed.

She stiffened for a second, recalling the whirlwind of conversation, that just took place.

'Was he just about to say...' her heart started racing.

Those three words...Those three words...

Strong tsunami waves started twirling on her stomach as she reckoned the fact that after the wild hunt and their graduation, Stiles couldn't get the second bite of the cherry with her and settle their so-called 'relationship' to a steady-state, as he didn't quite get the chance, and also because he had to move away to Quantico, Virginia.

After all, she was busy in her own ways, in the crazy confusion of her life, and wasn't even sure if they were together at the moment since it has been ages since they couldn't have a deep and comforting conversation on phone, it has been ages that they haven't been together trying to figure things that Scott and others couldn't, it has been ages since they caressed one another with those passionate tight hugs, which were the biggest reasons on the whole world for making their hearts get warm enough to be consoled.

After she steered her wandering mind to a little extent, her itinerant eyes stopped at an absent-minded Malia, who was sitting on the front hood of the car and seemed quite out of the box.