44

8 minutes earlier

Ron Weasley

"We're wasting time here!" Blaise snapped. "Maybe if you stop stressing us all out, we'd actually think of a solution!" Ginny replied angrily. She stepped up to Blaise, and even though she was much shorter and smaller than them, looked up at them fiercely. "Don't. push. me. Weasel.'' Blaise grunted through gritted teeth. They shoved Ginny back. "You asshole!" Ginny bellowed, stepping up to them again. Harry intervened and grabbed Ginny's arm to pull her back. "Fighting each other won't help either." He scolded. Ginny let out a breath and sat down next to Millicent. Blaise muttered something in Italian and rolled their eyes.

I couldn't help but watch Blaise as they turned away and kicked a small stone away. There was something about them that intrigued me. Maybe it had something to do with their gender identity. They usually presented male, but would come to class in a female uniform sometimes and challenge the professors to say something about it. They definitely weren't afraid of confrontation. I remember one particular clash between Blaise and Umbridge about this and she would have suspended them, I'd it hadn't been for Blaise's family's status. I have to admit I don't quite understand Blaise's identity, just like I don't understand same-sex couples. Everyone has attraction to everyone, but that doesn't mean we act on it. The acting on it makes it wrong. I'm not gay because I think men are more attractive than women. I was raised right.

Harry checked his watch and broke the awkward silence. "We only have 7 more minutes." He muttered, which left everyone speechless again. I noticed Ginny made that face she makes when she comes up with something out of the box, but genius. She was manifesting something. I narrowed my eyes. "What's your idea?" I then asked. Everyone turned to look at me and then followed my gaze to Ginny. Ginny hesitated. "I was just thinking... let's be honest, Wilson wants a girl." Her sentence made my stomach turn, but she was right. "So you want to give him a random girl?" Draco asked sarcastically. "No, but what if he only realizes that he didn't get what he wanted when it's too late?" Ginny asked. I furrowed my eyebrows and was about to asked what she meant when Parkinson spoke. "You want to send one of the boys?"

"With pollyjuice." Ginny said.

We all stood in silence again. ''Even if we had pollyjuice, who would we send?'' Harry then asked. I looked around the group and knew it had to be me. Blaise noticed my expression. ''I know where we could get the potion. I suggest you say your goodbyes.'' They said, looking me straight in the eye. I nodded. Blaise looked at Draco and held out their hand. Draco took it, held out his wand and they disappeared. Ginny got up and walked up to me angrily, but her lip trembling let me know she wasn't actually mad. ''no.'' she whispered. I furrowed my eyebrows and took her face in my hands. I nodded again. ''...No,'' Ginny trembled. ''I already lost one brother, Ronald, you better not leave me too.'' 

''This was my fault in the first place, Ginny,'' I said softly. ''I'm not going to die, and if I do, better me than her.'' Ginny's expression grew cold. She knew she couldn't convince me otherwise and was protecting herself by closing off. ''Fine. Don't be stupid though.'' she muttered, walking back to millicent without another look. I watched her untill Harry pulled me in for a hug. He patted me on the back. ''Be safe mate, I hope you know what you're doing.'' He said. I pushed him away from me gently, smiled a fake smile and nodded. Harry didnt buy it for one second. ''You're not just doing this for Hermione's forgiveness, right?'' He then asked. I chuckled. ''Honestly? thats part of it.'' Harry made his famous Harry face and hit me on the shoulder before looking away. 

Parkinson walked up to me and we stood in silence, untill she spoke. ''I'm not sure of how I'm supposed to feel about this, Weasley.'' She didn't look at me, but there was something about it, so I decided to say what had been on my mind. ''I'm sorry.'' I whispered. Parkinson looked up, confused. ''I don't understand you and Hermione and i don't agree with it,'' I started. Parkinson raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. ''I don't know if that's because of how i was raised or if it's just me, but it doesn't matter. I shouldn't have reacted this way,'' Parkinson was just staring at me while i rambled and i was starting to feel more and more awkward. ''I felt like you had screwed me over somehow, like you stole the love of my life from me, while I was really,'' I paused.  ''keeping her from you...'' 

The woman in front of me remained silent. I couldn't blame her. I analysed her, head to toe while she was figuring out what to say. It was amazing really, how this is that same girl I met almost 8 years ago. That snarky, annoying, mean kid I hated with all of my guts. Now, she was different. Now, she was human. Now, we have something in common.

''She loves you.'' Parkinson whispered. I let out a breath and shook my head, looking away. ''She does. She wouldn't shut up about how scared she was of losing you.'' Parkinson continued. I looked at her again. ''I can feel the two of you have forged a bond stronger than anything. And i think that when you get back from this, she'll forgive you for everything, as long as you act respectfully.'' She spoke softly, making sure not to look me in the eye. ''Thank you,'' I hesitated. ''Pansy.'' Parkinson bit her lip, nodded to herself and turned away. 

Suddenly, a loud bang. ''We have it. You guys ready?'' Malfoy's voice asked. 

--------------

An extra long chapter because i havent updated in so long-

Although I'm not completely happy with this, I'm glad i decided to write again.

I feel like this fanfiction has gone on long enough, so I'm going to put an end to it soon!

hope you all are still with me :'