06. Feral.

His fingers danced near my skin and it took me a hot second to realize that he was tracing the freshly healed scar marks.  I popped open my eyes to see him standing very close to me.  His forehead almost touched me and his lips close to mine but he was not looking at me rather at the scars. 

        He had a weird look on his face and I don’t even think he knew that he was this close to me.  Like it was easy for him to be this near with any girl and not get affected while I was burning up even without the attention. 

       This was why I never let go.  One way or the other, people always find some flaw in me and discards me like trash as my parents did. 

        He found my scar repulsive; it didn’t mean that he should keep fingering it.  It almost felt like dig at me. 

       With a surprising show of strength, I pushed at his chest with my free hand and got out of his hold.  His eyes snapped to mine like he just now realized that I was practically attached to his body, while he stumbled back a few steps with my sudden push. 

         Before he could stupidly grab me again and be at the end of my wrath, I gave him my middle finger and went inside as fast as I could. 

      It was like a douse of cold water to realize that I would never be desired by a man who I genuinely like, even a stranger.  I was not exactly hurt but it still felt a little disconcerting to get disappointed at any point in my life.

      But as I went, in search of the couple, I told myself to be happy for getting a job I like and getting a couple of trusted friends to have my back.  What else an orphan would need other than that.  Nothing.

        I just need someone to take care of me and someone to care for.  And I am perfectly fine even if I never would have a perfect relationship. 

        I looked for Livy on the dance floor but she and her boyfriend were suspiciously missing.  I took out my phone and like I guessed there was a message from Livy.

         LIVYA:  Saw you with the hot guy, outside.  Enjoi the night.  *winky eye emoji*

        I groaned out loud.  It means that they would have already left for the apartment without me and would start doing the deed soon enough.  I don’t want them to think they are alone and enter into the apartment in their mid-fuck, which happened too many times to count. 

         I tried calling Liv but she didn’t pick up.  Airhead.  She could have at least called me before going off.  I didn’t have many options now.  I could stay at the bar for a little while till I would know it’s safe to go into my own apartment.  Or otherwise, I could book a cheap motel which is not ten minutes from here by walk, and the next morning I could brag about having sex for the first time with a total stranger. 

        The second option it is. 

        I didn’t feel drunk at all, so I knew I could decide in the morning for which lie to tell, either being hangover or having mind-blowing sex.  But I don’t want another night to be spent in their fuck fest. 

         Decided, I took off to the main door and started walking on the deserted road.  Pulling up my maps on my phone, I got the idea of the general direction I had to walk, so I stopped being on my phone and concentrated on my surroundings.

         I could never stop being a paranoid person.  Maybe it was a trait I got from being in the orphanage and getting bullied or by simply being a woman.  But I just took note of my surroundings always. 

       The edge of the forest was clear from here.  It surrounded half of the city and in the dark, it felt a little scary even with the street lights.  Because it was right there.  Thank god there was no forest on either side of me.