CHAPTER 14

authors note:

WARNING//SMUT//18+
If you know me in real life, no the fuck you do not. Adelaide, if you tell mum I wrote this I will kill you. 🔪🩸

Ps. I wrote this chapter at 3am...it's not really edited...it's gonna be bad...maybe. Please don't judge it! I'll edit tomorrow when I can x

_____________
"You're free to go home, Lily. Do you have anyone that would be able to pick you up? Maybe you could call your mom or something?" Owen asked kindly.

Owen has been nothing but kind to me, and I don't deserve it. Right now, I don't have a car or anyone that could take me home, seeing as my mom is working the night shift.

"Um, actually, I don't think anyone would be able to take me. Moms working and dad, dad, I have no idea where he is." I awkwardly told him.

Before Owen could continue on with whatever he was going to say, the chief-Cole's father walked through the door into the waiting room.

I let my eyes travel towards Colten who was sitting in the waiting room chair but soon realised he was already looking my way with a smirk on his face.

"You know, I could always take Lily home." Colten hinted.

Fuck no.

I don't think being trapped in a car with Cole would be a very good idea.

The feeling of that night runs back into my memories and leaves me wanting more.

Wait.

What.

Did I just admit to wanting to kiss Cole again?

No way.

Absolutely not.

"Lily, would that be okay?" Owen spoke, bringing me out of my trance.

"No, I mean yes. That should be fine."

Fuck.

Owen and Charles were looking at me strangely while Cole, on the other hand, was smirking, knowing exactly what I was thinking.

He is the devil's sidekick, I swear.

The chief clapped his hands, "perfect. Make sure she gets home safe and eats something, Cole."

Colten moved his gaze from me to this dad.

"Of course." He said with a playful tone.

____
Currently, I was sitting in the passenger seat of Colten's car, fidgeting with my hands.

We hadn't spoken since being in the police stations, and I was apprehensive about whatever was going to come out of his mouth.

He's unreadable, and it scares me.

I usually can read a person really well and find out all sorts of things, but Cole is different.

"Is there anything that you want me to get before I drop you home? Food maybe?" He asks, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I turn my head from the window to look at him. "No, thank you. I think I have food at home," I say softly, turning my gaze back to the window.
He hums in response and continues driving.

After about 10 minutes, he pulls into my street, and I feel the weight lifting off my shoulders.

Taking my seat belt off and opening the door once we pulled into my driveway was the only thing I could think about. Finally being able to get away from his suffocating air.

He carefully turned into my driveway and parked the car while getting out.

"what are you doing?" I questioned.