Chapter 22

•Dionne POV•

After playing a few more games with each other, we ended up sitting on the other side of the arcade in the round booths, waiting to order some pizza and drinks. On the end was Tyler, then Sameera, Blaire, Michael, Calum, myself and then Ashton... talk about fucking awkward. Ashton was in the toilets when we all took our seats, otherwise I have a feeling he would've chosen to sit elsewhere. But hey, at least I was directly across from Tyler and Sameera, who totally weren't going to obsess over who I was sat in between, and definitely weren't already freaking out about it in their heads.

Just kidding. I could see it in their fucking eyes.

We ordered our pizza, along with some drinks, and as soon as the waiter walked away I watched Michael lean forward excitedly and start smacking his fists on the table as if he was doing a dramatic drumroll. "Woo! Let's get some fuckin pizza!" He exclaimed with a final double smack of the wooden tabletop, and I swear to god if it wasn't for the loud music playing in this place then there wouldn't be a single person in here who didn't hear him.

At the sight of this, Blaire looked both shocked and amused, while Sameera and Tyler looked weirdly terrified. To my right, Ashton had his face buried in his hands. Meanwhile, Calum was dying laughing next to me, sinking lower and lower into his seat with Michael barely holding it together beside him. Out of all the people whose reaction I could've matched, I think I was somewhere perfectly in between Calum and Blaire as I laughed whilst also being completely and utterly shocked.

"Michael, how is it even humanly possible for you to be that loud?" Ashton groaned out a laugh through his hands, only making the boys crack up more. Calum was gripping onto Michael's arm as if for support but he was just pulling him down with him in the process, making me laugh even more.

"Jesus, does he always scream like that?" I asked through a wheeze as if Michael was some animal I was trying to figure out, glancing at Ashton and then Michael who was tugging his arm out of Calum's grip and smacking him as he cackled.

"He fuckin does-"
"More than necessary-" Calum and Ashton both spoke at the same time, coming to a stop when they realised the other was speaking...

"Oh- my bad." Ashton apologised with a soft smile, and I watched as Calum leaned forward and wiped a tear from his eye with an amused sigh.

"Nah mate, no worries." Calum reassured, then looked at Michael and started cracking up again.

"Michael is just... the loudest person you'll ever meet." Ashton chuckled, shaking his head at the thought.

"I don't know, I'm pretty loud myself." I countered, turning my head to see my friends in hopes that they would be reminded of the times when I'd be walking down the street at 3am screaming some random song at the top of my lungs with Blaire whilst Sameera begged us to pipe down... usually to no avail.

Instead, I caught sight of Calum out of the corner of my eye, and saw that he'd raised his eyebrows curiously and pouted his lips as if to say 'is that so?'
Then I saw Michael nudge him in the ribs, making Calum jerk back with a frown and mutter 'what?' before smirking. I looked back towards Sameera and Tyler and saw that they had this 'I'm just minding my business' look on their faces as they made their own conversation, making me roll my eyes to myself as I turned back to Ashton.

"Not to be biased or anything but I think loud friends are good friends." I pursed my lips and scrunched my face slightly as I nodded, seeing Ashton raise his eyebrow questioningly with a laugh before Michael's voice interrupted with a harsh, "HA!"

"See, Dee knows what she's talking about!" He blurted out, pointing a finger aggressively in Ashton's face.

"Fuck yeah!" I grinned back, watching as Michael raised his hand and went in for an intense high five - one of those ones that makes your hand sting, at that. Ouch.