47. Balance (Danail)

We are puzzled, but only for a second. The realization quickly strikes us upon Uyani's words. Everything in this world is a result of the fragile balance between many natural forces with opposing energy, fighting against each other for supremacy. Life can only exist when they find peace, stabilizing each other.

   "I think, you already know what this means," she continues. "If the predators become too many, pray won't be enough to sustain their number. Many will die to restore the right proportions. If the sun is too harsh, the rain always follows to cure the soil and revive the greenery. The exhausting day always ends with a peaceful night. Spring awakens nature, urging it to flourish, thrive and multiply during summer, until the warm autumn cradles the tired land in its embrace and prepares it for the well-deserved rest that winter brings. It's this balance that makes it possible for the circle of life to happen again and again for millions of years. You can find it in the sea, in the grass land and even in the desert."

   "So, me and Dey are two opposing forces, seeking to find balance?" Sai mumbles. He raises his pure, blue eyes to The First worriedly. "Was it me then? Did my birth change the dynamics and destroy the equilibrium that existed for millennia? Was God like me or, maybe, he was like you and Dey? Did he have the ferocity in him or the calmness?"

   "So many questions, my prince," Uyani smiles, "but I don't know all the answers. Only this I can tell you for sure. There are many things in the world we do not understand. Some people fear them and call them magic. Others try to study them and learn how to use these phenomena in their favor. I believe that neither your abilities are evil or savage, nor ours are only peaceful and soft. We all have something in us which is unique and rare. The man who appeared in the lost caves to save the humanity was even more special. He was born with the gift of both. It was something unheard of. Naturally, He was proclaimed a God. He was a prophet, a fire bender and a keeper, all at once. It is unknown to this day how that was possible. Remember His words, though. It is still possible and will happen again. He said, 'I am not the only one. There will be another'."

   "It's none of us," I utter, squeezing Sai's hand. "We have opposite forces, but each possesses only one."

   "True," The First nods, "but I believe in God's prediction. I just don't know how exactly it will play out. You are both exceptional. You share the greatest power of all, unexpected, beautiful and so strong that it managed to overcome the biggest obstacles, even your natural resistance. It is love, the purest I have ever seen. If another miracle is about to happen, I have no doubts that it will be the two of you who will create it."

  "What about the whisper?" Sai asks impatiently. "What is this language? How do you know it?"

  "It is a part of our forces," she explains. "We can evoke it every time we put them to use. Maybe, it is a memory, kept for thousands of generations deep in our minds. Maybe, it's the language God spoke to us. I'll teach you every word I know. Each of them is like a revelation..."

   The curtains sway open abruptly at this moment and prinx Mostal pops out on the terrace with a prominent scowl on their face. They immediately point a finger at Uyani, not letting her finish the sentence, and grumble, "You, deceptive, insidious woman! I expect you to call me, instead of having all the fun by yourself, when a death bat fights a jaguar next time."

   "I sincerely apologize, Your Highness," she courtly answers, grinning from ear to ear. "The matter required immediate intervention, otherwise, I would have never even thought of..."

   "Why aren't they fighting now?" Mos pouts, glaring accusatory at the snoring Harda. "Are they drugged?"

   "Of course not," Sai smirks. "The two simply became friends. Come on, cousin. Don't be so disappointed. Have breakfast with us.  We are in the middle of a very interesting conversation."

   "I don't want food," the prinx whines and flops on their back among the cushions, resting their head on The First's lap. "I'm bored. Arxia is the worst, talking about Tar all the time, totally whipped. Ugh, I get that the guy is muscular and all, but still... When are we leaving for The God's Eye? Wow! Uyani, you look really beautiful from this angle. I mean, you are beautiful all the time... What is this perfume? Aaah, you know what? I could actually lie here all day. There's nothing else to do in the palace anyway."

   "Mos!" Sai raises a brow at them. "Show some respect for The First. Do you still wonder why you got spanked all the time when we were kids? Honestly, sometimes you are unbearable."

   "Oh, I don't mind being treated like a girl for a change," Uyani giggles, making our jaws drop. I can swear she is blushing. 

   Mostal is really something else. I like them more and more by the second. Their hunger for adventure is inspiring. Suddenly, a thought flushes through my mind.

   "Sai and the fiery butterflies have the same power, right?" I jump to my feet with excitement. 

   "What?" Mos screams, glancing at Sai with admiration. "Woah! This is getting even better. Cousin, I am so proud of you!"

   "Oh, shut up," Sai mutters.

   "Yeah, but if there is an animal that has the fury, then there must be one that has the serenity as well, right?" I continue, barely catching my breath. A modification of my initial plan is already forming in my head. "What if we use it for the trap? The forces of the two species will balance themselves. There will be no need of slaughter. We only have to make sure they meet."

   "We have no idea what could that animal be," The First says thoughtfully. "What you say is logical, though. I agree. There must be such a creature."

   "I know where it is," I state, making them all jump up in surprise.

   "How do you know?" Sai asks incredulously.

   "I saw it," I grab his hands, "or rather I felt it, last night, when you... uhm... when we..."

   "When you two fucked," the prinx finishes my sentence nonchalantly.

   "Mostal!" Sai squeaks.

   "What?" his cousin shrugs their shoulders. "It's obvious. Look at your dreamy, flustered face and those hickeys on Dey's neck. So, where is it, the animal?"

   "In the underwater caves," I answer. "At the bottom of The God's Eye lake."

   "Yes! I knew it," Mos yells, wrapping an arm around Uyani's waist. "Girl, did you hear that? We're not only collecting stones. We are going to hunt a monster."

   They squint at her stunned face and add cheekily, "I'll bring the biggest diamond, especially for you."

___________________________________

Photo 8683396 / Balance © Zuberka | Dreamstime.com

A/N

Hello at the end of chapter 47!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

I hope you liked the new secrets revealed. 

Did you expect there was a connection between Dey's vision and the rumors of a monster in the underwater caves? 

Do you think prinx Mostal's long hair is in danger? 😉

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize, if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny