18.

It is better we let ourselves feel before we act because if we act without truly feeling for the other, then we are bound to end up making mistakes.

Cornell Winter.

~|•°

Carter Defray Lynn.

"That is a lot to have gone through on your own." I reply Saint as he, Tori and I sit under the shade of trees, we had taken a walk just to stretch our legs, it had been a few days since the alpha died, things were slowly returning to normal but with Enzo and Tai having taken the positions of their fathers, they had gotten a lot busier, Lincoln had decided to look into the pack and see how best he could help and also I knew he was scouting for any business opportunity in Kholis bay, recommend it to his brother, that's how Dante men were, they never truly rest. "It is but with Kyro, he made it all better, fixed me and now, I couldn't be happier." He adds as Tori smiles looking at me.

"What?" I question with a chuckle and she just scrunches up her face in a silly way. "Your husband is pretty dang hot but super terrifying." She finally admitted it and I scoffed. "Thank you, see— I'm not the only one who thinks so." Saint argues and I sigh in defeat, my husband was perfect, they could all shut it for all I cared. "Time to get ba—." As I said those words I could feel the hair on my neck stand on end, then I could smell Lincoln in the far distance. "Poppy he's coming!" His voice rang out in my head but it was too late. A wolf bit down hard on my shoulder drawing blood and screams, it flung me into a tree causing the tree to shatter and my back to arch as the pain filled my whole being. "Carter!" Saint yelled but the wolf snapped it's jaws toward him and Victoria who was now holding Saint back.

I opened myself up, and yet again, betrayal hit me like a mack truck. That's how I also knew who had attacked me, it was her mate, he looked so feral, before I could pop my arm back in he attacked again, I side stepped him and used his momentum to push him back, as he got to his feet I placed my arm back  into its socket, with ease I shifted into my wolf, whatever it was that had him attacking me, I wouldn't just stand there to let him. I knew Saint could take care of himself so I focused on the wolf in front of me, he lunged for me in ferocity and I did the same, using my front paw slashed across his snout making him hiss in pain, he fell back as I lunged for him, bit down on his front right leg and flung him into a tree which shook heavily due to the impact.

It wasn't enough to knock out the beta but enough to make him angry, just how I wanted him, he lunged for me in blind fury and I evaded his claws which were aimed to strike my face, pouncing on him, I clawed at his chest, ripping flesh as he used his hind legs to throw me off, I maneuvered myself in the air and gracefully landed. He was still bloodthirsty and I could go on too, so we lunged for each other, rolling on the ground as he tried to pin me down, he managed to bite down on my other shoulder and pulled trying to rip it off but I wouldn't let him, I used my hind leg claws to dig into his stomach, they drew blood just as he was drawing blood trying to rip my arm leg off, with one last slash to his stomach I used my strength to push him off, he landed in a roll and attacked again but I knew what he was aiming for, so I evaded his every attack until my leg healed.

We circled each other again and lunged for the other, I knew he was serious in trying to kill me, I couldn't hold back, so I attacked with very little held back, I was faster than him and more agile, I used that to my advantage, when he lunged for me, I rolled to the side, got up in a burst of speed and tackled him to the ground, I felt more and more control slip as my wolf took over, blood lust that I knew if I didn't control, Tai would die, but I had no choice, with the beta pinned down I bit down on his upper front left leg, unlike him I didn't waste time in ripping his flesh open exposing bone and flesh, a wail of pain went up in the air and echoed all around us, as my wolf didn't stop, he bit down on his left hind leg and broke it along with the front right leg, incapacitating him completely.

By his neck the beta was flung into a tree and the shatter of more bones could be heard. I lunged for him again and bit down on his hind leg that wasn't useless and thrashed it with half my strength till it was dislocated and broken, my wolf has never wanted to show dominance but this time it did as Tai was thrown into another tree, injuring him even more. My wolf and I growled in fury toward the beta as he lay on the forest floor bleeding, slowly his bones were healing but the damage was extensive and would take a while to heal. "Tai!" Tori called out as Saint effectively knocked her out cold with one uppercut, this didn't bode well with the beta as he tried to stand.

"I would advise you stay down or he will kill you." Saint spoke looking at the beta who was bleeding out on the floor. "Tai!" Enzo yelled as he skidded to a stop then knelt down beside his beta. "Have you had enough, how many people will you kill?!" Enzo screamed toward me as his eyes changed, his wolf showing through, there it was, he ripped his clothes to shreds as he shifted and attacked me, I pushed Saint out of the way as I met his attack head on, we rolled on the ground trying to overpower the other, until, Linc grabbed the alpha and flung him to a tree, with distance between all of us he didn't waste time and shifted, his growls were loud and a warning toward Enzo that if he attacked, he would end it.

Tai had healed enough to stand by Enzo's side, I stood by my alpha's side ready to fight. "Enough!" Saint yelled as he stood between us, we were about to go another deciding round but him standing there meant he wasnt going to have it. "Enough, all of you." He ordered as waves of what I could call clarity were emitted from him, he restored my control over my blood lust as he got rid of our anger. "Whatever happened, I'm sure there is an explanation for it, you cannot kill each other without knowing it." He explained as we were all now in somewhat a state of tranquil peace, because of him. "We will let you cool off, but we clearly aren't welcome in your territory anymore, give us an hour we'll leave." He further added and Enzo looked to me before nodding,

It was settled then, I was to yet again leave, but I wasn't leaving Kholis Bay, not with Denara still alive. Saint walked toward Lincoln who covered him as he stripped, once done he gave his clothes and any accessories we had to Lincoln who held them by his jaw, he shifted aswell, his wolf like always taking its time to be seen in its glorious splendor, then we took off, once at the house, we packed, I took everything that belonged to me, and luckily I had cleared the house of anything that belonged to my grandmother and the stuff I was keeping, was already in bags. "Book a hotel with an ocean view." I mumbled leaning on Saint who was glued to his phone typing like a mad man. "Why would Tai suddenly attack you?" Lincoln asked the same question I had but then, it struck me, he might have found out about his mother.

"Remember I told you I killed his mother but he didn't know." I explained and he hummed in response. "Oh." He finally realized it. "That's not good." Saint added as we passed pack territory, it was definitely not good, but who had told him or how had he found out.

+++

Saint_Jay