21.

At some point, you need to let it out, let all those colorful emotions show.

~|•°

Carter Defray Lynn.

"Lorenzo you need to calm down." Saint muttered and I looked at him with squinted eyes. "Seriously, he just saw us murder his mother, and you tell him to calm down." I exclaim dramatically as the wolf drew closer to us his angry growls making my own wolf stir, I knew if this kept on, Lincoln would be forced to fight, Enzo might be an alpha but he wasn't as strong as Lincoln and with that, even Lincoln could be beaten by the one frightening wolf we all knew, Heathen, but right now, we had to focus on Enzo, he was the one clearly lost in his anger. "What do you suggest we do before Shade comes out and plays pick a body part to rip off with him." Saint shot back and I groaned, we really needed to avoid Lincoln's sadistic wolf.

"Enzo listen to me, whatever you saw, I know you heard something focus on that please, your mother was never a good person, please listen, I don't want to fight you in heels." I pleaded but there was nothing except pools of black instead of eyes with sparkling blue. "Okay, no choice." Lincoln muttered as he leapt forward and tackled the large wolf bare handed, the two rolled on the ground, Enzo trying to snap his jaws on Lincoln's head, we had to do something, we couldn't let Lincoln shift with a threat on us by an alpha. So I nodded to Saint and we leapt foward, grabbed Enzo by his hind legs and swung him to the side where he hit a tree, the tree obvious fell with a dull thud but he just shook it off, damn alphas.

"We can't keep avoiding him." Lincoln asserted angrily. "We also can't afford to have your wolf rip him apart, so we wear him out without shifting." I argued and they both nodded in agreement, just as the feral wolf lunged for me, just as it was close with unnatural speed Saint punched  his jaw hard throwing him back, but he got up and lunged for us again faster, I did a triple backflip avoiding his claws which would tear flesh on contact, when I stopped, Lincoln jumped onto his back and locked him in choke hold, for a wolf Enzo's size it might have been futile but there had to be something we could try. "Break his hind legs and give Lincoln more hold." Saint instructed as we tried to get close to the two alphas who were now seemingly mud wrestling, the moment I got a chance I took it and used my heel with as much force as I could to break the wolf's leg.

Saint used his own method and Enzo howled in pain but it worked, but only for a moment. "Shit." I exclaimed as he healed quickly. "That's right, he's still got fight in him." Saint asserted and I knew if this kept going, one way or the other, Lincoln's wolf would be forced to claw its way out so it would protect us, we couldn't let it, us shifting would only drive its need to do so as well, Lincoln maybe a beautiful man and person but his wolf was a whole world of ruthless when it came to threats to its pack. "Let him go." I told Linc who looked straight at me and I nodded, they rolled on the ground once before separating, both alphas tumbling in different directions. "Im sorry Enzo, but this is for your own good." I whispered before I opened myself up to everyone's emotions, Enzo's stuck out most.

I let my wolf guide me as we shared the connection, as my eyes glowed looking at Enzo, I inflicted the one emotion we all feel, even at times when its not physical. "Pain." I mumbled as Enzo howled in pain, the kind that crushed your heart, ripped your being in two, he spasmed on the ground, rolled and clawed at his own chest trying to make it all stop, pain was an unbearable feeling, you wished for anything else if the pain escalated to what he was feeling, I was truly sorry but I had no choice. He howled one last time before falling to the forest floor whimpering. "Cherry, that's enough." I could hear Saint softly pulling me back, softly drawing me out of my connection with Enzo's being, like pushing up and your head rushing above the water and breathing, I dragged in a deep breath.

"It's okay, we are here." Lincoln comforted as he rubbed my back, I was grateful for it because I needed familiarity to bring me back to my senses. I never inflicted pain on others because it was hard to control and with my wolf taking half the control it was hard pulling out, he sometimes liked being sadistic aswell, using our gift to kill, he had done it before and it took a while to recover from, I was grateful my friends, no my family was there to pull us back. "How is he?" I blurted out the question. "Alive and he'll be okay." Saint replied with a palm laid on Enzo's head, his gift was just as mysterious as mine. "He will have a nasty headache too." Lincoln joked as he picked up his jacket, the rest of his clothes were torn but he could replace them easily.

"Do we wait for him to wake up?" The alpha asked and I nodded, I needed to set things right with him before I left, I needed to thank him, if it weren't for him, I don't know where I'd be, he had exiled me yes, but if he hadn't, I wouldn't have my life, I also needed him to realize that he and I were never going to be together, our time had come, and it had passed, what he needed to do now, was move on, rebuild his pack, in a better image, and unite all the wolves of Kholis Bay because if I knew anything, if they weren't united, someone would come, take advantage of their chaos and eventually destroy them and leave nothing but ash, and I didn't—.

"I don't wish that for your pack, to get caught up in the dangers of tyrants." I told Enzo as we sat by the fallen tree he had slammed into. "I understand, I'm sorry for what I put you through Carter, I should've been a better person, before I even became a mate I should've been better and it was by choice that I didn't and in the process you got hurt, and I lost you." Enzo replied as he wiped away his tears. "I forgive you Enzo, for everything, if life hadn't gone the way it did I wouldn't have Dwayne, Saint, Lincoln, Kyro, I wouldn't have my pack, but the Goddess isn't a fool, she knew what she was doing and I can't fault you for it because I forgave myself for it, I think at this point, you need to forgive yourself as well, we were still children back then as well, we never truly felt the world and our choices were influenced by really bad outside sources." I stated with a chuckle which elicited one in him too.

"Yeah, I was horrible back then and I am still learning to get better now, so I'm grateful for your forgiveness, for coming back and fixing us, we might seem broken but honestly with all that had happened, its a chance to finally become better, as a pack, no more secret manipulators and killer for a mother, no more divide between the pack and rogues, its a chance I will gladly take." He conceded and I nodded in agreement. "That you are right, I am sorry for killing your mother, but letting her live, she would've killed so many more wolves just to fulfill her obsession." I apologized wholeheartedly and unexpectedly he hugged me. "I may have gotten angry because she was my mother but I'm also grateful because you freed me from her, took the burden of killing her from me, I wouldn't have been able to do it even though it was necessary." He whispered his response as hot tears registered on my neck.

"Oh Enzo." I hugged back as this was our goodbye, I wasn't planning on coming back. "Just—thank you Carter, thank you for everything." He explained and I nodded. "I hope your children grow up beautiful and brave just like their mother, dont worry, I know we aren't worthy of them, and we will never claim them, they are yours and your mates, I can tell he imprinted on them, I was just the donor in your human terms." It had been Enzo's wolf that had spoken and I wasn't surprised he knew, and I was so grateful that I had his blessing. "Take care of yourself, both of you." I replied pulling away from Enzo, I placed a kiss on his forehead, wiping my own tears away. "Remember, you have the capability to love, you just have to find the one." I whispered as my dainty fingers slipped out of his, finally I was at peace.

The morning glow caressed my cheek as I walked toward Saint and Lincoln who were waiting for me. "Time to go home poppy." Lincoln stated placing a kiss on my cheek. "Just a few stops before we go, I also need to say goodbye to my cousin." I replied as he nudged my shoulder  "Anything for you shortie." He teased. "Hey!"

+++

To love and fall out of love is human, and honestly even though people hurt us to an extent that we want to kill them, we should forgive ourselves then forgive them so that we can heal.

Saint_Jay