23

Caitlin walked into her office and smiled. She had finally managed to get discharged and had come straight here. She put all her roses in a vase, and sat down to smell them. She was doing some work, when her staff all popped in to see how she was. Caitlin didn't enjoy being fussed over, so after reassuring everyone that she was fine, sent them back to work. The only person that hadn't popped into see her was Barry. Her Barry. She had thought that he would have been the first person to come and see her. After all his decelerations of love, he hadn't come to see her either in the hospital or here.  Still, it proved to her that he no longer cared. It hurt her because she still cared, but she had other stuff to concentrate on. Who had tried to kill her? Who was her guardian angel? What did her parents want?

Her mum walked into her office 

"Mum, what are you doing here? This is my workplace. This is unprofessional"

"I just wanted to see where you work, and why you left us behind"

"You lot lied to me! You tried to convince me Ronnie was something to me. But this is my office. And I don't want to talk to you about it here. We can discuss it later"

"Caitlin"

"Just get out mum. We will talk later"

Caitlin went back to her parents house. She was dreading this conversation, but they had to have it. Might as well get it over with 

"Right, I'm here. Please start"

"Where do we begin?"

"I just want to know why? WHY?"

"Because of what happened between my sister and his dad. It was bad enough almost losing her to him, but I didn't want to lose you to"

"But dad, why Ronnie? Why try to convince me we were something? You could have just said we were friends"

"Because we like Ronnie, and we always wanted him to be your partner"

"So you lied to me? You thought through your lies, I would happily spend my life with Ronnie? But I guess you didn't count on my memories breaking through. I might have not known it, but my body was craving him. His touch. His kiss. Everything about him"

"I did it because Joe tried to take over my everything through my sister. When that failed, he used his son to trap you"

"No he never. I chased Barry, not him. He didn't even want me. But he eventually fell for me. It was beautiful dad. Our love was beautiful. I was happy with him. Until you ruined it"

"Caitlin, don't cross your limits"

"I'm not dad. I'm just telling you the truth. Actually you know what? I'm done" said Caitlin, storming out of the house 

Caitlin was walking, when she had the sense that she was being followed. She started running, and heard them right behind her. She felt herself being grabbed and pulled up

"Argh" she screamed 

"Relax, it's me"

Caitlin turned around and saw Barry. She instantly hugged him

"Caitlin, can we save this for later? I'm trying to get us out of here. Hold on"

"Where are we going?"

"Just hold on tight"

Caitlin squeezed the reigns, as they galloped off

"We missed her. He arrived in the nick of time and saved her"

"Okay, keep your eyes peeled for them and don't come back until you have her, or even better both of them"

"Thomas, what are you doing? How can you be so cruel to your own daughter?"

"She's not my daughter. Not anymore. Now she's his. And I'm not having that"

"She'll never forgive you if anything happens to him"

"Im doing this to open her eyes. He only wants my business. His dad failed and now his son's trying"

"No thomas. He doesn't want your business. He truly loves our daughter. Besides he's got his own business. She'll never forgive you if anything happens to him, and I'll never forgive you if anything happens to her"

Barry finished tying up his horse, and looked around for Caitlin. She was sitting in silence, just staring into space. Barry gathered some logs and started a fire. He warned up his hands and went and sat next to her

"What's bothering you? Talk to me"

"Barry, what are we going to do? Where are we going to go?"

"We'll manage, as long as we're together"

"If they find us, they'll kill us"

"We won't let them. We'll keep moving"

Caitlin lay her head in Barry's lap. Barry smiled and stroked her hair

"Why are you here Barry? They'll kill you if they find us"

"Do you trust me Caitlin?"

"You know I do. I came back here, just for you"

"Well trust me to keep us safe"

Caitlin got up and hugged Barry

"I trust you with everything that I have"

"Right, get some sleep. We move at first light"

Duff duff duff. Oh no. As always, feedback appreciated