22 - Training

"Guys!" I shout into coms, "guys are you there?!"

I sprint through Sokovia in an attempt to find my team after I receive no response from them. I search through the rubble and dust, unable to find anyone.

After what feels like hours, I find Natasha curled up in pain, surrounded by bits of broken houses.

"Nesti..." She whimpers faintly.

"Natalia, no," I kneel down next to her and begin to cry, "no, no, please."

"Help... us..." She begs, her voice breaking from the pain.

"Where are the others?" I question in mostly a panic.

"I don't know-"

"Natalia, please, no," I panic more as she begins to fade away, "no!"

"Laurie! Wake up!" Steve's voice shouts as I force my eyes open and stare at him in a panic.

"It's ok, you're ok." He reassures as I try and catch my breath and attempt to calm down.

"What?!" Natasha sprints into the room, "what is it?!" Shock spreads across her face as she looks over to see me.

"Oh my god, Laurie!" She sits in a space next to me on my bed as she holds her arms out slightly, like she's asking for permission to hug me. I nod shyly and she wraps her arms around me, moving one of her hands up and down my back gently. She nods to Steve and he leaves the room, closing the door quietly behind him.

"What happened?" she asks, slowly sitting back, "if you want to talk about it that is."

"I was in Sokovia," I take a deep breath before continuing, "the whole place was rubble and I couldn't find anyone."

"Then I saw you... You were lying on a pile of rubble and I couldn't save you," Nat gasps softly as I say this, "Natalia, I'm so sorry."

"Laurie," she sighs, "look at me. I'm ok, aren't it? There's nothing to worry about." I nod again and squint, my eyes sore from a lack of sleep.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"5:37am." Natasha replies and I groan then hang my head.

"Go back to sleep, Laurie," she smiles faintly, "I'll be around if it happens again."

"Thank you, Natalia." I smile and lay back on my bed, falling asleep again almost immediately.

~~~~~~

I wake up again to see the sun seeping through my thin curtains, the light showing tiny bits of dust floating in the air. Groaning, I roll over to check the time. 10:15am. Shit. I sigh heavily, and drag myself out of bed and into the shower. When I'm done, I put on some jeans, a shirt and a loose sweater over the top, before drying my hair then heading out into the lounge.

"Good morning, Laurie," Sam says from behind the kitchen island, "it's almost-"

"No." I interrupt him.

"I thought the proper response was good mor-"

"No."

"Yes, but-"

"No." I walk past him and flop onto one of the couches.

"Rough night?" Tony asks, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Hello? Marty, you with us?" He asks again.

"Physically yes, mentally is debateable," I chuckle slightly, "what did you need?"