7 - Deadly swords

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE
ALCOHOL

I sat at the kitchen island, the soft morning light filled the space, making it seem bigger

I sat at the kitchen island, the soft morning light filled the space, making it seem bigger. The house never seemed empty, it was never quiet. I liked being with Enzo's family. They made me feel at home here. I have never once felt out of place. If I wanted food, I would just pick something from the fridge. It never felt weird. Never a strangers house. It was our house.

Alessia and Ace have been so inviting. They don't seem the inviting type, but they let me be with Enzo, be in their home, like I belonged. Alessia was the mother figure I never had and I respect her so very much. She has been so kind to me, making me know that anything I needed, I could just ask her. Because we would be the women in the house. She was happy that Enzo found someone like me. Someone who was at his level. That I could protect myself. That I was used to the mafia.

I loved talking to her. She was fucking funny and beautiful. I could see why she was a mafia Don. Something I could be but I never wanted it. Enzo asked me why I wouldn't want it. Why I wouldn't want the power. It's just too much of a bother for me. I'm happier being a part of the mafia where no one reports to me. That's why Admir let me be his assassin or whatever I wanted to be. Alessia was born to be a Don, her son was born to be a Don.

I love Enzo so much. He never pushes me, never pisses me off. Actually that's a lie. He pisses me of a great deal. He once used my very expensive opalex shampoo and I did have a bitch fit about it. I don't care that I could easily buy as many bottles as I wanted. He did apologise and vowed to never touch my shampoos but I'm sure he uses my shower gel because sometimes I catch a whiff of white lilies off him. He denies it of course.

Somehow this floral smelling man was a scary mafia Don. When I met him, I was never scared. He must have assumed I would be, but I've been around Admir all my life and when he would get angry, shit, I would be scared. And when he was angry at me, he'd make me cry. Enzo never did. He was going to be my husband. It feels so strange. I have everything I've ever wanted. 

I looked across at Enzo, who was making us breakfast. I did offer to make something but he graciously declined it. Idiot. How else am I supposed to learn how to cook if he did it all. His back muscles flexed under his white shirt, the sleeves being rolled at his elbows up to expose his arms. Those same strong arms that held me were now holding a frying pan as he made eggs. I could make eggs. All you do is stir them.

"I could make eggs." I sighed quietly. Enzo's shoulders dropped at that and he began to pour in a mug of hot coffee. He turned to face me and slid the mug towards me. "I can definitely make coffee." I smiled, pulling the mug closer, flinching when my fingers accidentally touched the hot sides. "Enzo." I blinked my eyes when he got back to making the food. "Enzo." I said again.

He sighed. "I just love making you breakfast." He said softly. I smiled and bit my lip. "Really?" I asked. Food was such a bother for me to cook and make. It's all the preparation and washing up that scared me. He hummed and placed a plate of food in front of me. Scrambled eggs with pesto were on top of triangle cut toast. Avocado and roasted tomatoes were served with it. He makes the best food.