| epilouge |

Five years later

I finish hanging up the last piece of art on the wall of my room, my hands landing to rest on my hips as I stare up at the now filled wall. It was truly amazing to see what these people could create if just given the chance. It really shows just how their minds work, outside of the drugs. Just because they're addicts, doesn't mean that's all they should be known as. All of the patients that choose to participate in my art therapy activities, all leave feeling just that much better.

I sigh softly, grinning proudly as I glance over my room. It's colorful and homey, it's a place that makes this rehab center feel just a little more comfortable and less like what it really is. I grab my things from behind my desk, along with the red roses I had picked up earlier on my way here this morning. I double check that everything is unplugged before retrieving my keys, locking my door behind me.

The rehab center is alive today with patients all seeming in good moods. The common room is filled with activity, the ping pong table occupied with a group of four who seem to be in a pretty heated match. I grin to myself, absolutely loving to see them all feeling well today. It's not like this everyday, but when it is, it's important to take that in. I draw in short breath as I continue towards the front of the center, waving goodbye to the ladies at the front desk before stepping out into the cool, crisp air.

The walk to my car is short, my hands shivering from the cold of the February air. I gently place the roses in my pass ever seat before I start my car, kicking the heat up. I turn my music on before pulling my seatbelt across my chest, starting the lengthy drive across NewYork. It's not a drive I make too often anymore, but I do make it at least once a month. I try to at least. It takes me longer than expected with the rush hour traffic but when I pull in, Ollie is already there.

I grin to myself, shutting my car off as I step out onto the pavement, holding the roses close to my chest. Ollie grins when he sees me, his dark hair hidden under the hood of his sweatshirt. I smile back softly, watching as our daughter comes running towards me. He smile is huge, her laugh filling the air as I crouch down to meet her level.

"How's my Poppy girl?" I press kisses to her small cheeks over and over again, her tiny arms wrapped around my neck as she giggle. She pulls away from me, holding my face between her small hands that are covered with small knit mittens that Laura had knitted for her. They match Willows. "Did daddy do your hair so pretty today, P?" I grin at her, noticing the small pig tails in her fine, dark brown, hair. She nods excitedly, reaching up to point at the pink bows.

   "Okay, P, let's let mommy go." Ollie comes striding over, stealing Poppy from my hands, gently swinging her around causing her to laugh. He holds her on his side, giving me his free hand and pulling me to stand back up. He tugs me into him, his lips pressing gently to my cheek, holding them there for a moment. I grip the material of his hoodie in my hand, my eyes closed for a moment. "I'm sorry, my love." He whispers against my cheek, the two of us pulling away. I give him a a side smile before gently poking Poppy's tummy as I step around them, entering the cemetery on my own.

   I find his grave like I always do, and I gently place the roses over the dead grass. I smile lightly down at him, crouching down onto the balls of my feet. I swallow hard, wiping the corner of my eye as tears slowly gloss over my vision.

   "Happy birthday, H." I whisper, the tears slowly beginning to be too much to wipe away. My head drops lowly, my hand resting on the top of his gravestone. I sniffle lowly. "I have to tell you something, Ollie doesn't know yet." I mutter out, avoiding glancing over at him because I know he's already watching me. "We're having another baby." I laugh softly, my free hand resting on my barely showing stomach. "Found out earlier at work today, I'll tell him tonight." I nod, running my thumb up and down the polished edge of the gravestone. "I miss you everyday." I mumble, wiping my eyes a few times. I take a long glance at the gravestone again before smiling gently at it. Poppy calls out my name which causes me to grin. I press my lips to the tips of my fingers before gently pressing them to the gravestone.

   I make the short walk back to my two people, feeling my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I pause for a moment, a text from Tiff popping up on my screen. After her and Zayn got married in August all those years ago, they moved somewhere a little quieter in Florida, where Zayn continued his tattooing. They have two twin boys, Layton and Luca, just a few years older than Poppy.

   Tiff: hope you're okay, babe. I know today isn't easy. Tell P and Ollie us four days hi. <3

   I smile softly down at the text, sending her back a thank you before I shove the device back in my pocket. Ollie watches me with his soft hazel eyes that Poppy inherited, my heart swelling at the sight of the two of them waiting for me at the gate. Ollie holds Poppy close to his side, her small arm wrapped around his neck. My chest deflated with love as I smile at the two of them. Harry would be so proud of me.

   "Okay?" He questions as I approach him, Poppy reaching out at me. Ollie hands her over to me, her head resting on my shoulder tiredly. He leans down and presses his lips against mine, a soft sigh leaving my lips when he pulls away.

   "Better than okay."

Happy last update!

I seriously can't believe that this book is finished. It feels like I started it two days ago, simply because the idea came to me. I had no idea it would turn in to something that makes me so happy.

Thank you guys so much for reading and following along. I know it was a sad ending, but I had it planned from the very beginning.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to share this with you guys. I hope you love it as much as I do.

I'll see you in my next book.

Much love
~C