Chapter 58 - Ivan's idea of a practical joke

A.N: I haven't the slightest clue how long it has been since my last update and I am truly so sorry to any of you who have been waiting. I agree that leaving it on the last chapter was unnecessarily mean.

I cannot guarantee that there will be another chapter soon after this one and this one may not be the best as I'm a bit rusty but I really wanted to put something out. Thank you so much to all of you who've posted on the feed or sent me messages about how much you love this book as it is all those messages that motivated me to write another chapter.

-------------

18:07 
The Avengers tower.

Natasha was trying her very hardest not to freak out when in reality it was all she wanted to do. 

Happy had returned at 15:54 with an empty SUV and an incredibly worried look on his face. He had told Tony, Pepper, and Natasha of how their children had not walked to the car like they usually did, mindlessly bickering or laughing over something he couldn't ever try to understand. He explained how he had called both of their numbers and how they wouldn't go through or even place as he saw Natasha reach for her phone.

He continued to tell the three parents of how their children hadn't been inside the school, anywhere. How he stormed into the principal's office after searching the whole school to find the principal and a very shaken up woman called Mrs Winchester sat together, cleaning up a few scrapes she had on her head and arms. 

It was at that moment that Natasha knew exactly what had happened. She thought Peter and Seven wouldn't have been stupid enough to go after Ivan when she explicitly told them not to, but she also knew them, and she kicked herself internally for not drilling it into their heads more. Natasha was angry at them, but also worried and she realised she should start listening again after she had zoned out. 

Happy illustrated to them how Mrs Winchester calmly explained what had happened to the best of her ability, recounting what had also been reported from other students and teachers who witnessed the fight. 

"I'm so sorry Tony, Pep, Tash, but I think they've been kidnapped".

Natasha heard Pepper begin to fall apart but she paid the strawberry-blonde no attention as she knew Tony would immediately be ready to comfort her.

"FRIDAY" she called up to the ceiling, keeping her voice strong, "Call an emergency meeting".

-------------

14:00
The facility
Location: unknown. 

Seven had just finished her third training session of the day and was not having fun. 6:30 - 9 was alright as she had some energy in her, and then she had received her breakfast of one bread roll and cold butter, and a familiar bottle for her water with a large red '7' painted on the side. She would have thought it was cute if she wasn't stuck here. 

She then had training session two which was 9:30 - 11:30, and then 12:00 - 14:00. She knew she would have another and probably ballet class today too, so she pushed her aching feet and sore bullet wound to the side and kept going. 

She took a small sip from her water bottle and surveyed the rest of the girls. Luckily her months of not training didn't set her back at all and she was performing as if she had never left, still hitting all the targets and not falling behind, she was barely out of breath. 

She was slightly frustrated as she was having to re-wire her brain once more, after having to tell herself to start pulling her punches while training with the avengers after 14 years of landing them, and now she had to stop pulling them. Another ruthless rule of the red room, if you don't move out of the way fast enough, you'll get punched in the face.