❶❹

Giyuu was leaning against a tree a little bit away from Tanjiro, while you sat calmly next to him.

Tanjiro started to wake and you both turned to look at him.

"Go to Mt. Sagiri, you'll meet a man named Urokodaki Sakonji. Tell him Giyuu Tomioka sent you."

You started to stand and walk more towards the siblings.

"Keep your sister out of the sun, it's cloudy right now, so she's fine."

You just stood and waited for Tanjiro to start moving while you zoned out.

"Come on Y/n" Tanjiro said to you.

You looked up at him and glanced around slightly and saw Giyuu was gone, you looked back to Tanjiro and followed him back to his old home.

On the way there, Nezuko looked at you and reached her hand out.

You gladly accepted her offer and held her hand.

You all arrived at their old house and you winced at the dead bodies.

Tanjiro and Nezuko went in, presumably to change.

You stared at the bodies that were in front of you and you crouched down.

'I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.'

Snapping out of it, you saw Tanjiro and Nezuko come out from the house.

You stood up and helped bury bodies, avoiding getting blood on yourself, and you were successful in your attempts.

Tanjiro sat, praying for his family and you and Nezuko stood next to him

Once he finished, he stood up and took both Nezuko's hand, along with yours.

☁︎

You all arrived to a cave and the sun was about to rise, so Tanjiro ushered Nezuko in.

You followed in after those two, and Tanjiro told you he was going to get something to cover her, so you could travel during the day.

He left and Nezuko sat calmly in the cave with you, until the sun rose more, flooding the cave, bit by bit.

She dug a hole and dragged you into it along with you.

"Ack- Nezuko! Why are you dragging me-!"

She did a little 'hmpfh' noise and continued to put you in the hole with her.

She clung to you, clearly worried that the sun would reach further into the cave.

"Nezuko, please let go, you're safe, I pinky promise" you said sticking out your pinky.

She looked at you confusedly, before she did the same action as you, and stuck out her pinky.

You smiled widely and wrapped your pinky around hers, and she reluctantly released you.

You peeked your head out of the hole she dug, and you kept an eye out for Tanjiro.

You saw him coming back, so you crawled out and waited.

"Y/n! where's Nezuko?"

Then Nezuko's head popped out.

"There you are, Nezuko! Is my little sister is turning into a mole..?" he asked the last part quietly.

"Here you go Nezuko, I want to travel during the day too. "

Nezuko got out of the hole and went to basket and laid halfway in.

"Nezuko, do you remember how you got bigger back there? Can you get smaller? Smaller Nezuko, smaller! " he slightly cheered.

Successfully, Nezuko fit into the basket, and Tanjiro wrapped a cloth around the basket.

'can we go yettt:('

"Alright, we should get going"

"yayyy finally, I was gonna die of boredom"

He just gave a faint smile and Nezuko rustled in her basket and you smiled faintly at her trying to give input.

The both of you started your journey to the mountain, and you were mentally preparing  for the fight with the demon.

In all honesty, you were not ready, but mama didn't raise no bitch.

At least you hope she didn't

On the way there you look over to the angelic boy, he was so unsuspecting.

'truly does bring a tear my eye *sniff*'

Tanjiro noticed your staring and his heart fasted slightly, he really does wonder what goes on in that pretty head of yours.

"Y/n? Something wrong?"

You panicked and slightly fumbled with your hands and you squeaked out a quick

"nO"

'idiot-'

"Nothing's wrong, haha.. "

He just look perplexed at your odd behavior, but he shook it off and looked at the path ahead.

You looked at the setting sun slowly approaching a woman a bit farther away from the two of you.

Immediately, you took a deep breath.

You continued to prepare yourself to encounter another demon, but this time you knew he wouldn't be flirting with you.

Maybe

I don't know

He might know though, ill guess we'll see

"Are you sure? its a long way and your carrying an awful amount of luggage"

'I didn't wven noticed that we startes talking to her, im so observant'

You smirked at yourself then you gave a smile and reassured the woman.

"Nahh we'll be fine, i promise!" you gave her a dopey smile and she relaxed slightly.

You and Tanjiro continued on your way up once again before you both heard the woman yell out to you two.

"People have been going missing there, be careful alright?"

You gave a smile and a wave and Tanjiro said something but you really weren't paying attention, because you were thinking about kicking some demon ass.

'I got this, bouta nail this shit. girl boss-'

You snapped out of your thoughts as you came closer to the house that contained a demon.

'No turning back now haha.. '

.

.

.

'im so royally fucked'

☁︎
898 words