[thirty six - runs in the family?]

"i've never met anybody so intimidating,scary,and classy,all at the same time

"i've never met anybody so intimidating,scary,and classy,all at the same time."
keith said.

beautiful shook her head as she scooped more of her cookies and cream,placing it in her mouth.

"i know,imagine how i feel. i'm sorry you had to see that."
she explained.

"she never visits me so i was just as shocked as you were."
she nodded.

"is she always that...persistent?"
he asked,with crooked brows,swallowing the dessert.

"always."
she mumbled,putting her finger up,just as a costumer came to the register.

she cashed them out before scooping their ice cream and telling them to enjoy before coming back to keith.

"what's your dad like?"
keith asked,as she hoisted herself back onto the counter in front of him.

"he's nice,understanding. the opposite of my mom basically."
she explained,eating her ice cream.

"anyways,so,about that dinner. you don't have to come,i know she made it seem like it was the most important event of the year but it's not."
she expressed.

"only thing that ever happens is we eat,and then argue for most of the time. adding you to the equation will just make it worse."
she mumbled.

keith placed his hand on his chest,signifying that he was somewhat offended.

"no! not like that-i mean-i didn't mean it it-"

"i know,i know. i was just messing with you."
he said with a smile and a small laugh.

"i'm just saying,i don't wanna get you mixed up in all my family drama."
she shrugged.

keith finished off his ice cream,licking extra off his fingers before looking her way,to see she was doing the same.

"you know what beautiful,you're not. i chose to be around you,because i like you. and with that comes all the other bullshit in your life and mine."
he clarified.

"but...i thought you only commit to that kind of stuff when you're,together."
she wondered.

"well yeah,i guess. but we gotta start somewhere,gorgeous. you think if i really didn't like you,i'd be willing to through all this just to get on your family's good side?"
he asked.

"no,i guess not. but still-"

"but nothing,i'm going, we're going. it's settled."
he stated.