IIS: SEVENTEEN

Jana's fingers impatiently tap against her glass, the dull sound drowned out by the noisy bar around her.

A band is playing, patron's laugher erupting over the melody, but the brunette pays no attention to it. Instead, her focus remains on the face of a digital clock across the establishment, one that changes in time with the intergalactic cycle. Each time a number shifts, Jana's heart drops deeper in her stomach. She can't think of anything but him.

He should be back by now.

He said it was an easy bounty, and that he'd be away for barely a couple hours. And so, Jana perched herself at the bar, drinking, waiting; only the ladder of which she detests. But he had left too long ago, so long that when the clock moves forward once again, Jana's mind is made up. He's late. She's going to find him.

She takes a deep breath before downing the rest of the spotchka in her glass just to have something to do with her hands. The liquid burns pleasantly and warms her chest, relaxing her just enough for her to stand up smoothly and toss some credits onto the bar-top. Giving a nod to the bartender droid, Jana is on her feet and moving swiftly to the door, the deep brown fabric of her cloak billowing out behind her.

Reaching up, she pulls back the top half of her hair, tying it back and out of her eyes. The length of the brown locks had been cut with the very dagger hidden in a thigh holster under her cloak, now barely brushing the tops of her shoulders. Once it's tied out of her way, Jana lifts the hood of her cloak and heads out the door and onto the street.

He had left her in a tavern a block away from his client's casino despite knowing she wouldn't be able to sit and wait for him. Each time he worked a job she tried. She tried to sit and be patient for him to come collect her again, to radio through their commlink that he's alright, and they'd gotten their payment.

More than anything she wants to be by his side, but it's too dangerous for both of them. He's a bounty hunter, but she's at the top of the New Republic's Most Wanted List.

He never leaves her unprepared. After they had been separated he made sure to equip her with a small armory of her own. Small blades tucked into her boots and line the inside of her sleeves, explosives strapped to her belt, a freshly sharpened dagger on her thigh. Her blaster on her waist, carrying the weight of a legacy.

A legacy she doesn't want to bear anymore.

With a shudder running up her spine, Jana maintains her pace, moving silently through the dark parts of the streets of Glavis, cutting through alleys on the very path he had set for her. He'd take one route to the target, and another to collect his payment, she's following the ladder.
Peeking around a corner, before striding into the shadows, Jana grows more nervous. Anxiety settling deeply into her bones with their prolonged separation. She knows exactly why. The last time they were away from each other didn't go well.

This is different, Jana has to tell herself. No one forced them apart, there is no implant to alter. Unlike last time, she is totally and utterly free. She's just hiding from the active pursuit of the New Republic. Who, if they caught her, would lock her away, give her a trial, and no doubt promptly execute her for the crimes of all past title-holders.

Jana nearly voices her concern in a hushed, Where is he? When the metallic glint of beskar finally her eye.

The sight of her Mandalorian makes relief seep into her chest, but it only lasts a second. The way he walks, grunting in pain and with a heavy limp, replaces that cathartic relief into dread. Anger.

Jana sees red as she picks up her pace.

When Din sees her, he stops completely, his frame stiffening when he recognizes the dark cloak.