98. The Hall of Mysteries. (1/2)

Previously,

"Mui.....we did it." Satoshi smiled at him.

"Yeah, we did it." Muichiro replied. "Satoshi-san. Nii-san." He kneeled and looked up as tears started to run down his cheeks.

Between breathes, he muttered in a cracky voice. "Nii-san. We did it. You can rest in peace now."

Suddenly, he was embraced by a warm body.

"Nii-san?"

It was Satoshi. "Mui, we did it. But it's not over yet. We still have Muzan to defeat. It's just the.......beginn.."

Before he could complete, he passed out on Mui's shoulders.

.
.
.
.
.

"Satoshi-san!? Satoshi-san!?" No response. He realised that he had passed out.

.
.
.
.
.

Sanemi was shaking. Not because he was afraid, but he was raging. Before him, stood that guy whom he once called "comrade."

Itaki Sato.

Beside Sanemi, there stood Gyomei, Giyu and Aoi. And standing opposite to them was Itaki himself. Completely calm, maintaining a poker face. His left hand on the handle of his sword, ready to strike at any moment.

The hall they were standing on was large. The floor was wooden, so was the walls and the ceiling, the hall was dimly lit by the paper lanterns which were somehow placed along the ceiling lines of the gigantic hall.

The Hashiras glared at the glowing golden eyes of Itaki.

"The wind, stone, water and perhaps, the thunder Hashira? Interesting, to say the least. Let's see what you guys have got." Itaki stated calmly, judging Aoi as a Hashira in the process.

"Fu fu. I can't wait to SHRED YOU INTO FUCKING PIECES, YOU CUNT!" Sanemi growled as he unsheathed his katana and dashed at the former thunder Hashira.

WIND BREATHING
FIRST FORM
DUST WHIRLWIND CUTTER

As he dashed forward in blinding speeds, he slashed continuously in a pattern of a horizontal cyclone.

He looked back, only to see that Itaki had disappeared from his palce.

"WHAT!?"

"Shinazugawa, Above you!" Gyomei shouted as he threw his chained axe at the ceiling right above Sanemi.

Itaki dodged the axe in such speed that it seemed like he teleported. Or was he really teleporting?

'Interesting. He uses an axe and a flail. I've never seen something like that befo-

Itaki's thought was cut off when he saw Aoi dashing towards him in a speed which he was not expecting.

Flashing a smirkish smile, Itaki unsheathed his blade and blocked Aoi's strike.

"Eightfold."

Aoi suddenly disappeared and a flurry of blurry images of the girl appeared around Itaki.

The demon was surprised.

And that's when all of a sudden, the entirety of his lower body got smashed.

"What th-