Chapter 30

When they got back to Maddy's house and got her settled into her bed, Maddy's parents asked to talk with Jungkook. Her parents sat on the couch and he sat on a living room chair. They both looked really serious and Jungkook was sure that it wasn't good. Maybe they found out that he had been arrested in the past? Maybe Maddy's dad had seen him leaving the other morning? He had been enjoying their approval so much that he was feeling a little sick that he might have disappointed them. 

Maddy's dad started, "Listen Jungkook, we have a favor to ask of you and it may be uncomfortable and you need to feel free to tell us no." Jungkook was sure the relief he felt could be seen on his face. His shoulders visibly relaxed. A favor? The request had Jungkook's curiosity up and he just nodded. He was pretty sure he would do anything they asked.

Maddy's mom continued, "This may sound weird, but the doctor thinks you being with Madison today is what lowered her blood pressure. She must feel more calm and relaxed when you are around." This didn't sound weird to Jungkook at all. He knew that tracing his tattoos had been helping her be calm for weeks now.

Maddy's mom smiled a little, "Now for the favor part. We were hoping you could stay with Madison just for a couple days to help her recover from the surgery. It is fine for you to say no, but we are hoping you can say yes. The doctor seemed to think it could really help her recovery if you were with her as much as possible. We'd be glad to call your brother and explain why you are staying over if that helps. Think about it and let us know, okay?" 

Jungkook felt like he should be looking around for the hidden camera. Her parents were asking him to stay and even sleep with Maddy? It seemed too good to be true. "I'm fine with that if Maddy is. And you don't have to explain to Jin, I can tell him." 

He briefly considered having her ask Jin if Jungkook could stay over just because he knew how shocking it would be for Jin to get that call. But he really didn't want Jin getting comfortable talking to Maddy's parents, just in case. He wasn't sure just in case of what, but it just seemed like a bad idea.

Maddy's parents looked relieved by Jungkook's answer. "Thank you so much. I know Madison will be fine with it. Let's bring her up some soup, should we?" 

Jungkook carried their drinks and Maddy's mom carried a tray with two bowls of soup, one for each of them, and a roast beef sandwich for Jungkook. While her mom set up the tray for her on the bed, Jungkook sat at Maddy's desk to eat. 

Maddy's mom frowned, "I forgot your crackers. I'll be right back." She headed downstairs.

Maddy had noticed Jungkook's eyes sparkling as if he had a secret to share. "What? Spill it already. You look like the cat who ate the canary." Jungkook chuckled, Maddy could certainly be bossy when she wanted something. 

"Okay, but you are not going to believe this." He paused for effect but could tell Maddy was impatient so he continued. "Your mom just asked me if I would sleep over with you for a few nights."

Maddy frowned a bit then rolled her eyes, "Ha, ha ha. Shut up. You are not funny." She shook her head. Jungkook just shrugged, she would find out soon enough.

Her mom came back with the crackers, "Here you go. These will go well with the soup but will be easy on your stomach. Oh, honey we asked Jungkook to stay here for a few days because the doctor thinks he was helping with your blood pressure. Is that okay with you?"

Maddy looked stunned. But she nodded, "Yeah, that is good. I can actually feel myself calm down when he holds my hand." 

Maddy's mom smiled and sighed. "I'm so glad he was there today." She looked at Jungkook, "Thank you. And if you need to run home and get some extra clothes and stuff, feel free."