chapter 73

She suddenly takes out her phone. "Can you block her for me? I really don't know how and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable."

She hands me her phone and I hesitantly take it. I go to her messages and find that Shelby girl. "Can I text her?" I ask and I don't know why I ask.

She furrows her brows at me, probably wondering why I want to text her. "If you really want to" she says still not sure what's going on.

After finding out that Shelby only messages Ryujin when she's single made me realize that she sent that picture to seduce my girlfriend and I really don't like that.

"Can you do it some other time though? I really want us to just try to enjoy the rest of tonight, like this dinner. I'm almost done with my food and you've barely touched yours" she says.

I look at my plate and she's right. She made all this effort for me so I shouldn't waste it.

I start eating again then I decide to ask about Sam and why she didn't text her back.

She laughs a bit, "I'm not planning to meet her if that's what you're worried about. Yeji, I'm not trying to be with other people. I'm all in, with you. I love you and only you. Even if people are trying to be with me, I will choose you."

After everything, I feel really bad that I ruined the mood of this dinner. It's supposed to be romantic with just the two of us but instead we have this confrontation.

"What are you thinking about now?" I hear her ask.

"I'm sorry" I say.

"For?" She frowns a bit.

"For ruining your romantic date that you planned tonight by bringing up these girls" I look down.

I sense her stand up and she sits next to me. She holds my hand and I look at her.

"You didn't ruin it. You wouldn't enjoy it even if you didn't mention it because I know you would be thinking about it instead. But you have nothing to worry about okay?" She says in such a calm manner.

She takes something out of her pocket, it's a black rectangular box. I furrow my brows at her because why is she giving me a gift after I just accused her of playing with me.

I open the box and it's a silver necklace with mine and her initials. The letters are covered in little diamonds. It's really pretty. I start feeling emotional and guilty right now. I can't believe I was second guessing her intentions with me.

She takes the necklace out of the box and ask me to turn around. She puts the necklace around my neck and I look down while she closes the clasps.

I turn around again while holding the pendant. I'm not looking at her because I'm still admiring the necklace.

"Do you like it?" I hear her ask.

"I love it. This is beautiful. Thank you" I say while finally looking at her.

"You're going back to Canada soon so this hopefully reminds you that I'm always with you" She holds my hand again.

"You're really making me feel like an ass" I chuckle.

"Why?"

"Because you're still so amazing even after everything I've said tonight. Or the fact that I still have your phone and you're not asking for it back just shows that you really do have nothing to hide" I sigh.

"Hey, it's okay. Do you wanna go back go the hotel now? Just relax the rest of the night?" She ask and I nod my head.

"Thank you for tonight though" I say.

"You're welcome. It won't be our last dinner" she chuckles.

She sends a signal to the guy that we're done and he finally let us go. "Who's gonna clean this up?" I ask.

"Don't worry. I convinced Yuna and Travis. They'll be here in a little bit" she laughs.

I shake my head at her while smiling.

We didn't walk back to the hotel. We took a taxi instead. The ride back to the hotel is quiet. She's holding my hand while I look out the window.

We arrive the hotel and get out of the taxi. We're back in our room and I take shower right away. After I'm done, I see Ryujin is using her phone. I frown and walk to her.

"What are you doing?" I question her. I really don't know where that came from. I think my trust issues are getting the best of me.

She shows me what she's doing and she's playing a game. I feel stupid for how I acted the moment I saw that.

"Are you gonna be okay when you go back? I don't want you to keep thinking I'm talking to some other girl then next thing I know you're breaking up with me" I can sense that she's actually worried.

I don't know if I can promise her that I won't. I know she's not like my exes who would cheat on me but my mind keeps telling me to still be careful.

"I'll try to keep myself in check" I say instead.

"Not really the answer I expected" she sighs then stands up, "I'll take my shower now." She leaves to go to the bathroom and I lay on the bed, staring at ceiling. What is wrong with me?

I'm so stupid. Of course I can promise to not leave her! Ugh! She always makes me feel so secure in this relationship and I don't think I'm doing the same with her. I have to learn to trust her. She's proven herself so many times and I'm here being stupid.

She gets out of the bathroom and doesn't say anything to me. She climbs onto the bed and she lays down, facing away from me.

This is the first time where I'm not cuddling with her so she must be actually upset this time.

"Ryujin?" I call her name but there's no answer.

I touch her shoulder and that's when I hear her little sobs. I turn her to face me and my heart breaks seeing her cry. I know it's my fault.

I pull her up to hug her. She doesn't hug me back but just continues to cry on my shoulder.

"I'm trying so hard to get past this fear of you leaving me but it's like you don't know either if you're gonna stay or not which makes my fear get worst" she cries.

I rub her back, "I'm sorry. I'm not leaving you. I realize my stupidity while you were in the shower. I promise I'm not leaving."

"What else can I do for you to trust me?" Ryuin sobs.

"I do trust you. I just lost it after that picture. I'm sorry. I'm not going anywhere. I'm with you until the end" I assure her now.

She continues to cry while I hold her. She's so mature that I forget she's younger than me.

"I love you and I'm sorry" I say.

She finally hugs me back and holds me tight, afraid I'll disappear. I can't believe I ever doubted her.

I get now why she can't block people. She only wants to help others. Even if that girl is hitting on her, Ryujin will still help her in times of need because she knows what she went through.

This angel in my arms is too precious for this world.

"Don't leave me, please" she sobs.

"I won't" I say.

I really don't like being the cause of why she's like this. I should be the one helping her when she's feeling down.

"I'll try to be better" I promise her.

She doesn't say anything but she just keeps hugging me.

"I'm sorry, Ryujin" I say again then kiss her head.

She doesn't say anything but I notice that her breathing is calmer now. She slightly loosens her hold on me too. I pull back a bit and I see she's actually sleeping. I carefully adjust myself so we're laying in bed, more comfortably.

Instead of me being in her arms, she's in my arms. I give her one last kiss on the top of her head before I fall asleep.

"I promise to make you feel secure in this relationship as you have always done with me" I whisper.