Dear self

10252020

Dear self, remember the times when you are someone's positive pill and you stay positive despite being depressed. Remember those times? Why don't you be like that again? Negativity has eaten you alive! Don't mind people's insults and perceptions about you change your sweetness. You were a sweet, loving and caring person. Please stay that way! Stop thinking people's unpleasant actions towards you change YOU! Learn how to disregard negative feelings and sad thoughts. Don't suffer people's consequences by hurting YOU! Stop dwelling on the pain they have caused you. Their painful words don't define what you are, those very words define who they are! You know yourself! You are much better than what they thought about you. Don't succumb to their rotten attitude. It's just a product of what they are. YOU are not like them. Don't be like them!

Stay kind and don't ever sway to painful words and hurtful actions. You've been living miserably to people's hurtful words and actions for a long time. It's time for you to let the past go and move forward. Don't ever think of clouding your thoughts with those very same unpleasant memories again. Not even once!

Stay soft-hearted as what you are but don't let people step on you and trample you.

Stay soft-spoken as ever be and don't be like people who ever speak negatively about someone. Don't ever be like them!

Stay humble as always. Stay low-key!

Stay sweet, caring and loving. Be more expressive to your feelings towards the people who mean the world to you. Don't be afraid of showing how much you care and love them. You love sending messages about you how you love your friends, do that more often.

Stay understanding. You are the kind of person who always sees good in people. Stay that way! You don't judge based on how people look. You always put yourself in someone's shoes in every situation. You are always careful not to hurt people's feelings. Stay that way!

Stay praying about everything. Pray about your and other people's happiness, heartaches, success, failure, shortcomings and hardships more often. Worry about nothing and pray about everything.

BE YOU! Don't let people's rotten attitudes ruin you. Don't let people's ill words and actions change you. Be always reminded that YOU are not like them. Don't succumb to their negativity and don't be like them.

When you start to think about negative thoughts, traumatic, tragic and unpleasant happenings in your life, think of happy thoughts! Think about the people who stay true and genuine to you. Think about the people who never leave you despite your shortcomings and difficult attitude. Think about the people who never get tired of understanding you. Think about the happy events in your life. Think about the strangers who support your dreams of becoming a writer and interpreter/translator. Think about happy and good memories. Let them be the reason for your happiness.

Write a gratitude journal again and be an optimist again. Be more loving to your husband and son. They are the very people who love you unconditionally. They are your source of happiness. You might get hurt by all the circumstances around you, the people, society, even words and actions, just think about the love of your own family, your husband and son, your parents, your sister and grandparents and your close friends. Don't ever get affected by all sorts of negativity.

To my bullies, to the people who backstabbed me, to traitors, to the people who treat me well but speak ill when I'm not around, God bless you! I hope you won't get treated the way you treat me. You can't drag me down to where you are!

In a world full of war, hatred, anger, envy, greed, be someone's positive pill and source of happiness!

Love,
Self

Yuchae Moon