Chapter 3

*updates last chapter at 4am*
*gets notifications of likes and comments *

🤨why y'all up?!?!😵‍💫

Also why did I update again?? I really like the short story lmaooooo
.
.
.
.
.
.

| Chapter Three |

•Esme•

Finally I had a weekend free and did not I have to spend in on work. So my friends are headed out for a few drinks and dancing. And the night was bright and people were everywhere.

"Esme!" My friend Emiko shouted when I walked in. Then eyes were on me, the usual here and I've gotten used to it. I walked over to the table, hugged her and sat down. Emiko was the first friend I made during my years in school. She was a feisty girl and that's why I liked her, she grew up with three brothers and doesn't take crap from any man. Emiko is a beautiful woman, thin and with a youthful face.  Round bright eyes that always glisten in the light.

"Have you ordered anything yet?" I asked picking up the menu.

"Just your favorite, harumaki." I smiled while eyeing the menu. She knows me so well.

"You're the best you know that?" I said and she flipped her dark hair over her shoulder.

"Oh please, go on."

After eating we went to a new nightclub, and man was the kind crazy. And the bouncer was pretty much drooling when we got to the door. With a slimy smile he let us both in, and man was it nice. And made me happy I wore a decent partying dress. It was high class, I could tell by some of the people I caught glances of. But being around Emiko I was not surprised, she's a rich kid. Her line has been a name here since the time of emperors. And the people flocked to her when she passed, as usual she gave them her business only smile and we headed up some stairs. And there was the dance floor, music blasted and people dancing with drinks in hand. She grabbed my hand and pulled us to the bar, ordering some drinks and handing me mine.

"I didn't know so many vultures would be in here!" She choked, slamming the empty cup down.

"It's the hottest place right now so of course." I threw my shot back, the alcohol warmed my body and I shivered.

"Few more drinks and I'll be ready to dance." She laughs turning back to the bar. I looked out on the floor, they were playing some hiphop track and the beat was decent. Enough for me to sway my hips a bit. I turned back to her and took the shot, damn why is she trying to kill me tonight?!