Chapter Seven

After she was out of the shower, Lucy wrapped one of Damon's large towels around her. She turned her head to the side to examine the bite. It would heal in a couple of days but it would annoy her until it did. A light knock came at the door.

"Are you decent?" Damon asked.

"Yep."

He opened the door with a smirk. "Damn it. I was hoping for a show."

Lucy rolled her eyes. "Come on, dude. Doctor me up." She hopped up to sit on the counter, her feet swinging while she watched him gather what he needed.

"Dude?"

"Are you or are you not a dude?"

He shook his head while he dabbed at her neck with a cotton ball soaked in alcohol. "That's not the point. Call me something else."

"Fine. What would you suggest?"

"Sexy."

"Taken by Lexi."

Damon grunted. "Stud muffin."

Lucy burst into laughter. "I sincerely hope you aren't serious."

He didn't answer but his lips tipped up just a bit higher as he smirked. He put a large bandage over her wound. "There."

"Thank you, Day," Lucy said as she hopped off the counter. She kissed his cheek with a grin.

***

Damon talked Lucy into sleeping in his room but she still didn't expect to be awoken by him leaning over her and staring.

"Jesus, Damon," she complained when she opened her eyes to find him scowling down at her. "What the hell?"

"Why didn't you tell me about Elena?" he asked.

Lucy frowned. "What exactly was it I was supposed to have told you?"

"That she was the reason you got called in for questioning." If she'd thought Stefan had been angry with that little revelation, he didn't hold a candle to Damon. It wasn't often she saw the older brother at his full ire and, again, she could only be glad it wasn't directed at her.

"Honestly, it slipped my mind." Lucy groaned and ran a hand down her face. "Why are you waking me up for this?"

"I'm not." He pushed himself off the bed making sure to put more force into it than necessary so Lucy bounced with the movement. "I'm waking you up because Lexi made breakfast."

"Oooo...breakfast."

"Yeah, I thought that might get you moving."

Lucy quickly put herself together then made her way to the kitchen. "Mornin."

A round of good mornings answered her. A second later, Stefan was in front of her. He grasped her chin and turned her head to the side. She hissed as it pulled on the bandage. "What happened to you?"

Lucy pulled away from him and took the plate of food Lexi held out for her. "Damon bit me," she answered with a shrug. She watched wide-eyed as the blonde vampire slammed Damon into the wall and held him there by his throat.

"A little help here?" he croaked out while grasping at the wrist of the hand holding him.

Lucy took a bite of her food. "That's what you get for not telling Stefan anything." She shifted her gaze to Lexi. "Thank you for the righteous anger on my behalf, but you can let him go. It was part of the plan."

"What the hell kind of plan involves you getting bitten?" Stefan asked as he sat a cup of coffee in front of Lucy. It was made just the way she liked it. "And why didn't he heal you after?"