First Impressions

KHAOS POV

      Once Tech and Ryder close the door and are gone. I turn to the room, "Do you think he believes us? What do you all think? Can we trust him?” I inquire. “He knew we were being evasive with our answers about seeing them. He chose to ignore that and move on. Tech trusts him and I am going to try to do the same. Not stupid enough to give him 100% of my trust until he earns it. We will see how it goes. We will watch him but not so closely that it is obvious or offensive.” Dad replies. “I agree that he knew we were being evasive, but his reaction and way of handling it, makes me trust him,” Cherry informs us. “I am with Cherry, I trust him. He could have called us out on being evasive, but he didn’t. He let it go. He also in a roundabout way, let us know that if Alejandro was gone for good, he was okay with it. He couldn’t come out and say it because of his job.” Mom states. “Well I am with Dad until we know him better and he proves trustworthy, we are careful,” I say.

     Cherry gets up and Mom stands too. They nod to each other and head towards the door. “Where are you two troublemakers going?” I ask teasingly. “You said you need to know him better to trust him, so we are going to ask them to double date with us on different nights,” Cherry replies with a smirk as they leave. “Should have seen that coming, son.” Dad laughs. After talking about how to watch him but not offend him or Tech, we head out to join the girls. Of course, we find them with Tech and Ryder. When we join them, the girls smile at us. “So we have a lunch double date on Wednesday with the guys,” Mom informs Dad. “And we have a dinner double date on Friday night,” Cherry informs me. “Then Ryder will be joining us all on Saturday, for our family BBQ.” Ivy inputs as she walks up. Dad and I smile while nodding. We tell them that sounds like a great idea.  I guess we are going to get a good idea of the kind of person Ryder is. I hope he is trustworthy and a great guy for Tech’s sake.