Chapter 28 - "Hey, Beasty!"

"When are you getting that cast off?"

Avery and Marlene had decided that they needed a day to themselves due to them not spending as much time together. Marlene had been curious as to why Avery's wrist was broken and had questioned it. This was one of the moments that Avery was thankful for her clumsiness and had blamed it on her falling down the stairs and said that she had the heels that Marlene had gotten her the year before on. Marlene laughed at that saying she wasn't surprised and found it hilarious but obviously told her to be more careful.

"Uh, I haven't gone to Madam Pomfrey this week yet but I am guessing that since I'd broken my wrist only this month than it should be on for a while." Avery replied as she brushed Marlenes hair so that she could braid it.

"Ah, makes sense," Marlene said before she complained about Harley pulling her hair. She then says, "hey, so I've been thinking that you, Lily, Dorcas, and Alice could have matching costumes.."

Avery hummed thoughtfully as she thought about it, finally she answers the blonde, "actually, Alice is matching with Frank, while Dorcas is matching with her girlfriend."

The shorter blonde girl choked on air before she asks in shock, "she's gay? Well, I did have a feeling when we'd kissed for a dare, merlins left ball sack, she was a fucking great kisser.. I think she was my gay awakening."

The platinum blonde laughs her best friend and replies, "well, yeah. Her girlfriend is actually really hot. She looks like her name could be Phoebe but her name's actually Kayleen, she goes by Kaylee, though."

Marlene sits in shock as she stares at Avery in the mirror since the Hufflepuff had a mirror in her room. After a few seconds of silence the said Hufflepuff looks up to see the Gryffindors shocked face before she realizes what she was shocked about.

"Oh yeah, uh, well you see I find- I'm pansexual! Okay, so that means that I can find someone attractive or fall for them and the gender doesn't matter.. (I am so sorry if I described it wrong, correct me if I'm wrong)"

"Oh, Avery! We could be hooking up right now if it weren't for Potter!" Marlene playfully flirted.

"And Lily! I know you're attracted to her but.. It's stopping you from hooking up with others, don't think I haven't noticed, Marlene. I'm your best friend." Avery stated knowingly.

Yes, the girls had always been close best friends but they'd for some reason never saw each other as sisters, well yes they'd tried to convince themselves but it was no use. There'd sometimes be a tension between the two. Not an awkward one but a sexual one. They'd never act out on it but it didn't mean they couldn't do it in the near future.

Marlene rolled her eyes and said, "not like she'd ever even like me. I'm honestly a mess, I'm not well mannered and ugh- I don't even know if she likes girls."

"Oh, come on, Marlene, you never know that. You're not a mess, you're honestly really mannered without even knowing it. Like when you come to my house, you always call my mum Ms or Mrs. You even ask if she'd meed help with anything so shush! I'm pans and you had no idea so have some hope that Lily could possibly like girls. The unpredictable could happen."

"You'd be such a great mom," Marlene says before she snorts and says, "let's just hope that you don't have a kid and end up dying the year after."

Avery lightly slapped the girls shoulder and scolds her, "don't jinx it!"

"You're even into that whole jinxing stuff! Merlin, Aves"

"Oh shush, Marlene or else I'll ground you and lock you in your room." Avery playfully threatens.

°·°·°·°·°·°

James Potter was sat in his dorm with his best friend by his side as they talked.