Chapter 4

Colorful images shot into my head and I realized that I was dreaming. It hadn't come to that for a long time, I didn't need any sleep.

Only when I couldn't stand the monotony of this world any longer I would lie down and rest.

But the dream was nothing new, it was much more of a memory. I was thrown back eight hundred years again.

I was hoping so badly that I could just skip this time. Like in a book in which you simply skip several years from one chapter to the next.

But in reality that wasn't possible, I too was bound by the rules of this world. I had just erased those years from my memory.

But this magic has gaps, as soon as you see a person from that forgotten time again, everything comes back.

I stood before my parents again as they celebrated our chosen destinies. The scales were displayed like trophies we had earned.

But in my opinion, I didn't earn, no, I didn't deserve my fate.
Suddenly someone grabbed my shoulder and I was snapped into another moment.

My brother turned to me and smiled. It didn't fit his former identity at all, but I should have expected this change.

After all, he was life now, it was his job to be so enthusiastic. "Good luck," my brother said, walking up the stairs to the building in front of us.

I took a deep breath and exhaled. I had to go to this school, too. This school where we all learn to live our destiny properly.

I had never seen other supernatural creatures my age, so I was all the more nervous.

My legs were shaking like jelly. I didn't understand why I was so excited in the first place. After all, this was just a memory, I knew it.

But the problem was that I had completely erased that moment from my memory, so I was reliving everything.

It felt so incredibly real. I had no idea what was waiting for me behind this door, the door to my mind, and that's why

I had to open it.