Chapter 21 Why?

The next morning came like the usual. Sunoo woke up first and saw Ni-ki in the mirror combing his wet blond hair already in his formal clothes. Ni-ki saw him from the mirror reflection and curve his lips for a little smile. Sunoo looked away.

" Good morning, i made you breakfast. "  Ni-ki stepped out of the room for a second and comeback holding a tray with a bowl of what he smelled some kind of meat stew, a hot mug of coffee on the side faint white smokes floating above it.

" T-thank you, Did you ate already? " Sunoo uttered questioning if the other boy ate already. He plans to sharing it with him.

Ni-ki fixed his coat.

" No. I'll just do it later. "

Silence enveloped them. The older thought of asking if he's off to somewhere but before he could, he finally have his answer. A bitter smile locked on his lips.

" I'm going now, take care hyung. Niko's food is on the kitchen. "

" Oh, yes. Well, take care too then. "

Ni-ki felt the bitterness in the tune of his voice. He's not surprised. He's possibly sulking after pouring all his time and attention to his work and plans that he forgot about Sunoo, also Niko who needs it too.

He sadly smiled looking at the older eating the food. Leaning in, he kissed Sunoo in the forehead.

" I love you, goodbye. "

After that, Ni-ki left leaving Sunoo its eyes starting to form warm tears.

His goodbye had a big weird impact on him. It was like a hand had just gripped his fragile heart.

Sunoo quietly grabbed his phone avoiding to wake Niko up and open it once he had a hold of it.

He cried.

" Good morning! " Niko giggled from his seat as Sunoo greeted him holding a red plastic bowl with his food inside it, Niki prepared.

" Ni-ki prepared you that, does it taste good or icky?" As if the baby would reply, Sunoo still asked Niko only to earn blabbering sounds and cute giggles.

After the bubbly feeding session, Niko is left to his walker playing some of his soft toys Sunoo gave to entertain him while he washes the dishes.

That had always become his routine but he's enjoying it. Niko is a good company and he's bringing him positive vibes and enough energy throughout the day even it is a bit exhausting sometimes.

Sunoo entered the living room with a half eaten apple on his hand to check on the baby after he finished with the kitchen chores.

There in one corner in the walker, Niko is happily watching the opened television a cartoon show playing in it. His brown fluffy hair is softly laying on his little forehead, lips half parted with a curve on it. Niko looks adorable plus his cute pajama pair with dog prints on it. Niko turned his head and scrunch cutely srunched his nose when he saw Sunoo leaning on the wall watching him. His eyes gleamed. A loud giggle echoed the room.

" How can i leave this angel? "

Sunoo walked towards Niko and carry him in the air kissing its soft chubby cheeks. The baby squealed.

" Looks like someone is so happy today
huh? Ni- oh someone is outside? "

A knock made Sunoo move his body through the main door of the house while he carry Niko.

" Oh Daniel? "

" Is that little creature there with you is Niko? Niki is right, he's adorably charming."