Chapter 25

"TAMMY TOPS, you want me to buy you something? New doll? House doll?" Mir asked when he found Tammy in the living room looking at her doll with a scowl on her face.

"No, uncle Miy. And it's a dollhouse." Pagtatama nito sa kanya.

"Oh, sorry 'bout that." He chuckled.

"It's okay." Ngumiti ito. "This doll is fine it's just reminds me of something," anito.

"What?" Tumabi siya dito matapos isuot ang coat niya.

"My yaya. She bought me a doll but my mommy buyned it." Malungkot nitong kwento habang nakatitig sa laruan nito. "And yaya nevey bought new doll again because mommy will get mad if she does."

Mabagal na tumango si Mir sa kuwento nito.

"You often talk about your yaya, Tammy tops, do you want me to look for her and bring her here to see you again?" he asked.

Nilingon siya nito at nakita niya ang lungkot sa mga mata nito.

"No, you can't..." Yumuko ito. "She's dead. She's the one who always makes me cyy in my dyeams. I didn't want hey dead but..."

Unti-unting kumuyom ang kamay niya sa narinig.

"But..." Tammy trailed, voice low. "One has to choose..."

Mirrow cursed the child's parent who had caused tremendous pain to his nephew, Rouen, that is now in the hospital and has caused nightmares for this sweet child.

Taking a deep breath, Mirrow lifted Tammy and let her sit on his lap.

"Who needed to choose, Tammy tops?" he asked delicately while trying to help her to fix her doll's dress.

Sinulyapan niya ito ng hindi ito sumagot.

Kumurap-kurap ang mata nito saka mabilis na umiling. "Nobody."

Pinakatitigan niya ito saka napabuntong-hininga nang makita na hindi ito magsasabi. Kaya't niyakap niya na lang ito.

"When you're ready to tell us, or one of us, we're just here, Tammy tops. Especially your uncle Pyr. You have us now so don't ever get scared to share your fears," he comforted.

Hinalikan niya ang gilid ng noo nito saka napalingon nang marinig ang yabag galing sa pasilyo papuntang main door. Ilang sandali lang ay nakita niya ang kapatid niyang si Pyr na may dalang bulaklak at bagong laruan.

"Hey morning, princess." Malawak itong ngumiti kahit na kababahiran ng pagod at antok ang mukha nito.

"Uncle Pyy!!!" Tammy excitedly jumped off his lap and run to his brother.

Napangiti siya nang makita ang sayang kumislap sa mata ng kapatid niya kahit na alam niyang malungkot ito sa dami ng inaalala nito.

"Flowers for you and toys, princess." Pyr offered Tammy, crouching in front of the child after the embrace.

"Oh, wow! Thank you, uncle Pyy!" Tammy beamed, kissing his brother's cheek.

"You're always welcome." Tumayo ang kapatid niya at binalingan siya. "Thanks for looking after her," anito saka pabagsak na naupo sa tabi niya.

"You okay?" he asked, offering a fist bump.

"Yeah..." Pyr replied with a sigh. "Does Tammy continue to have nightmares?"

Sinulyapan niya si Tammy na naglalaro na sa sahig.

"Yes," Mirrow replied in a low tone. "Can't really have a good night's sleep because she always cries while sleeping. Have you asked Grant to look at her case?" he asked, referring to their other brother Grant.