Chapter 26: Together

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

I'm teasing y'all with the gif 😆

I recommend you to listen to Gangsta by Kehlani on repeat and some sad music tbh :)

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains death, sexual assault and mention of rape!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

I make my way downstairs after I changed in Silas' clothes. I left his room first, letting Silas take a shower and change his clothes.

I pull my hands through my hair while stepping off the last stair steps. The house was quiet, meaning that the boys, Leah and Kayla already left like a day ago.

I enter Silas' kitchen and grab a glass, pouring some water in and drinking it. Without even realizing footsteps were heard from the staircase minutes later.

I feel my eyes broaden when he reaches the kitchen, his black smooth hair wet from the shower he took. My eyes then roam over his bare chest as he wears grey sweatpants.

His eyes lock with mine and I look away, sipping my glass of water, "Why don't you have a shirt on," I speak up and I catch sight of his minor smirk.

He walks over to me, looking down at me, "Why are you so bothered by it?" He shakes his head, a chuckle leaving his mouth, "Am I distracting you?"

Yes. He is very much distracting me. I mean who wouldn't be distracted seeing such a handsome almost naked man?

"No why would I get-," My sentence gets cut off when Silas wraps his arms around my waist, lifting me and putting me down on the kitchen counter, "You're a terrible liar." He smirks and I scoff as he stands between my legs.

My eyes again travel down to his chest, analyzing the sight in front of me. I feel my face turn into a frown when I see a scar resting on his chest.

Silas caught me staring at it as he gives me a subtle smile, "It's nothing," He speaks but my eyes are glued on the scar, not being able to look away.

His hand rests under my chin, tilting my head back so that I was looking at him, "It's nothing." He repeats and my head bounces slowly.

"Now-, do you already know what you're going to wear for your ceremony?" He changes the subject, but I don't mind. It's likely a sensitive subject to him.

A smirk creeps up on my face, "I do actually." He raises his brow, "You do?"

I hum, "But I'm not going to show you, let's say that it's a... surprise," He chuckles and nods, "Whatever you say."