Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five

Slater Devor's POV

Slater Devor's POV

I can't let him go. Perhaps it's the mate bond, but I can't stand even a few hours away from him. Fuck, I mean this morning I'd woken at 5AM, as I usually do, and even though he'd told me not to sit around and wait for him, I couldn't bring myself to leave. So of course, I did the most reasonable thing I could think of, I picked him up, and carried him to my office. I nestled him in my lap all morning, his legs wrapped around my waist and his face nuzzled into my neck. Every warm breath caressed my skin, most of the time causing lustful reactions that I had to will away, just wanting to hear his beating heart. And I kept him close to me like that until he woke up. He's turned me into a fucking simp.

He didn't mind it too much, waking in my arms, but he did whine to me about progress and development, and for a better word, the lack of such. It's the Alpha in me, the desire to protect is strong around him. Even if he's only a few doors away, that's too much space for my liking.

Even now he's fucked off to do something and my wolf is on edge that he's not around and near me. Fuck. I can't concentrate. Slamming down the documents in my hand, I start following his scent. I just need five minutes. As I creek open the door to the lounge on our floor, he's stood in the middle, his body folded in a stretch touch his toes. The things that ass does to me.

I couldn't help the smirk that slipped over my face as I walked behind him, pressing my groin against his ass and pulling his hips against me. "Hmm, Janet mentioned you'd starting doing yoga," I muttered down to him lustfully, my shaft noticeably hard as I pushed against him.

"Slater fuck off, this wasn't an open invitation," he growls at me and I can't help but chuckle. His frustration is like watching an angry kitten. I reluctantly step away from him and he straightens his body, spinning round to shoot me a glare. "Why are you here? Aren't you meant to be working?," he scowls at me and I can't help but smile at him, he's so fucking beautiful. I step forward, pulling him into me and pressing my fingers under his chin, forcing his lips to mine.

"Hmm I missed you," I gaze down at him lovingly before returning my lips to his. Rubbing my fingers in circles on his hips, exposing the skin under his shirt and biting down on his bottom lip.

"You're getting so clingy," he groans, shifting his feet as his erection pressed against the front of his tight pants.

"I know, I can't help it, come and sit in the office with me," I practically whine down at him. It's like I need him there, when he's not I can't concentrate enough to get anything done. There's a softness to my eyes as I ask him and his resolve falls as he nods his head. I peck his lips again, a grin on my face as I make my way back to the office.

The rumours around the castle have accelerated, everyone becoming increasingly aware of who my mate is. It's given me an anxiety whenever I don't  have him near me, like some sick bastard is going to be disgusted by him and put an attempt on his life. It's a valid fear and one that I can't shake, but I can't bring myself to tell Jackson in fear of worrying him and the whole idea causing him to have a panic attack.