||8||

Someone clicking their fingers in my face was the first thing I saw when I regained consciousness.

"Ah. There we go," it was one of those damn experimental doctors working with Hydra, "you took a while to come around. Perhaps you've been too relaxed of late."

I groaned as I allowed my head to roll and then tip back against the head rest of the table I was on.

I tried to move.

Scratch that. The table I was strapped to.

"Your partner has just been visited by our good friend Alexander Pierce," the doctor told me, "he's being... reset."

"So? What's that got anything to with me?" I asked, trying my best to show that I couldn't care less about the guy.

Though the truth... I kind of like the guy. He's not all that bad of company. I could've ended up with worse.

You know. Like some random dude who cares only about the sound of their voice or some stone ass bitch who just doesn't communicate at all.

"I want to ask something," I looked to the doctors, "who is Bucky?"

The one stood in front of me turned and looked to the others before focusing on one behind a wall of glass. That one shook her head.

"It isn't required information for your successful work, n/n," the doctor in front of me replied, turning back to me before he pulled his phone out and looked to it, "your partner is unstable and being reset. And it seems you've come across information that you don't require, not to mention we have four men being treated after your rebellion against orders."

Oh I know where this is going.

Why I've been strapped down.

I made a mistake.

The doctor picked up a syringe and pushed it into my arm.

Don't know what was in it, but whatever it was, it worked quickly. There was a burning sensation before everything just went numb.

The doctor nodded to some guys, they unhooked me from the table and dragged me down a hall to a very familiar area.

"You need recalibrating, n/n. Shame too, you were becoming quite the fine specimen," the doctor stated before I was shoved into an all white room.

The door closed and bended into the walls.

Looking around, I felt goosebumps rushing my arms.

"Shit."

My dream.

I managed to pull myself up and leaned against one of the walls.

No.

I want out.

Let me go.

Please...

I want to go..

Please. Let me go.

Let me go.

".. go.." I muttered, "let me go!"

Before I could really react, someone came in and dragged me back to the middle of the room, locking me into the hanging chains and cuffs coming from the ceiling.

"Begin the reset," was what I heard from outside the door once the person had left.

No. No. No. No.

Please, please, please, please!

I'm begging you! Please let me go!

Not again!

I can't do this again!

No!

The floor began to sink slightly and water began to pool in, above me hung wires that reached to my waist were dropped down.

The floor continued to lower and eventually I found myself suspended over a slowly rising pool of water.

"This is torture, you bastards!" I shouted.

"Well unfortunately, you're very unresponsive to the machine we usually use thanks to your little... gift," a voice came over the speakers, "so we have to resort to these mundane methods. It's only you to blame, dear n/n. Get comfortable. You'll be there for a while."

Bastards.

"I swear! When I get out of here I'm going to beat all of you into next week!" I shouted.

"As much as I'm sure I'd like to see you try that, n/n, once you're out of there, the only thing you'll be doing is listening to every words of ours like it's your lifeline," came across the speakers, "have a good day, darling."

I felt the water soaking through the toes of my shoes and looked down.

They sped up the water flow!

I didn't even do anything!

Why're they doing this to me?!

An image flashed across my vision. It was blurry but it was there. I saw...

What was it.

Come back.

Let me see it.

Let me see the future.

Please!

This one time. This one time I want to control my ability. Let me see! Let me see it!

The image flashed across my vision again.

It was me. Holding a blade to Winter Soldier's throat.

I felt all the hope in me fade. Just one flash was all I needed.

Why would you show me that? To stop me from fighting against Hydra? Well congratulations, stupid power, are you happy?!

I just... I want to go. I want to find a family and live like a normal person.

°🕰️°
An hour later_

I want to die.

Let me go.

... please...

°🕰️°
Hours later_
During the battle in the S.H.I.E.L.D building_

3rd Person PoV

"She's done," the water was drained out and the door opened.

The floor raised up to meet n/n's feet again and she just stared forward blankly.

"We'll hold her for now," one of the head lab doctors looked her over, "who knows, we need her to go after her partner. He was resisting the reset to the end."

"You're worried, sir?"

"Never. I just don't want to miss anything. Have her taken to her cell, get her ready to be sent out to eliminate the Winter Soldier should he defect," the head doctor ordered before leaving the room.

N/n just stared forward.

"Its always so creepy when you come out of this mode of brainwashing," the doctor left in the room shuddered slightly at the blank, constantly staring, unmoving expression on the girls face, he turned and called two soldiers in. When he turned back, he flinched when he found that she'd turned her head and looked directly towards him.

Shivers were sent down his spine at the change and he stepped back out of the way as the soldiers walked over and unhooked her from the chains, dragging her out.

"Blindfold her too!" the doctor shouted after them before muttering to himself, "so goddamn creepy."