No Secrets

RYDER POV

     I could tell that they know more than they are telling me. After hearing Cherry’s story, I don’t blame them if they made him disappear. I am going to keep the hiding or evasiveness out of the story I tell Thomas.

    We are sitting and talking to Wolf and Ivy when Cherry walks up with Sheila. “Can we talk to you two for a minute?” Sheila asks. We both say yes. They ask us about some double dates this week to get to know me better. After we agree, we set up days and times. Ivy hears them, tell me that Saturday I can come to BBQ to get to know more of the family. We are joined by Mayhem and Khaos when Ivy went to get us all something to drink. Wolf left to help her too. The ladies fill them in on our plans.

      We all make some small talk until Colby wants to show me his room. “Come on, babe, I will show you my room,” Colby says with a smile. “Na na na na Bat Cave.” Ivy sings songs laughing. I laugh as Colby gives her a playful glare. We stand to leave and my phone dings with a message. I pull out my phone and see a message from Thomas. “I need an update, NOW.” I text him back, “Just leaving the Sons of Silence clubhouse. Will call to update you when I get to my motel.” I give Colby a half smile. “That was my boss. I have to go. He wants me to call and update him. I don’t want to do that from here. He will want to talk to your president and ask his questions.” I tell him. “I’ll take you back to your motel. Let me grab a few things, I am staying with you tonight.” Colby states don’t argue with my look. I nod in agreement and give him a relieved smile.

      Within thirty minutes, we are back in my hotel room. I set the items down that I help bring in.  After looking around nervously,  I sit down joining Colby on the bed. I pull out my phone and dial Thomas. I put my phone on speaker, I want to make sure Colby knows I am hiding nothing from him. Thomas answers on the third ring, “Hello” we both say. “So what is the update you have? You finally got to talk to those filthy bikers? See anything we can use to make them talk? Drugs? Women held against their will? Guns on cons? Illegal guns?” he demands. “My update is they haven’t seen nor do they know where Alejandro or The Texas Patriots are. I went to their clubhouse today and had a meeting with their president, vice president, technical analyst, and enforcer. They all told me the same thing. They have heard of The Texas Patriots and Alejandro but have no idea where they are. They were polite and decent people. I saw nothing illegal there at all. I saw families relaxing and having fun. No drugs, guns, or women are being abused or used. We don’t need to try to make them talk. I was told if I have more questions, I could come back to ask.” I say back trying to keep the anger out of my voice. “Well, obviously, they pulled the wool over your eyes. They are filthy, outlaw bikers. I will send you a package with Agent Mallory Mahoan. You and she will plant some of the packages on one of them.  When he is busted you will have a reason to raid their clubhouse. They will talk to keep their assets from being frozen and to keep from going to jail.” Thomas sneers. “What if they know nothing and are innocent? What if one of Alejandro’s other enemies got them all?” I ask exasperated. “Oh well. Then we will still seize their assets and one less dirty biker gang around,” he states with hatred in his tone.

     He hangs up and Tech stares at my phone in shock. I immediately call Trey. When he answers, “Did your app get all of that conversation?” I ask.  “Yeah, I got all of that. Do you think Agent Mallory is in on it or being forced?” Trey asks. “In on it. I think anyways. He uses her often to seduce an agent to get what he wants. I think he is sleeping with her also.” I answer. “Okay, I will inform my boss and we will have a team assembled. We will have a team and plan together before the end of the day tomorrow. I will be in touch as soon as it is set up.” Trey responds and hangs up. I look at Colby and he still looks shocked but also confused. “That was Trey Anderson, one of my best friends. He was an agent and went through training with me. He now works for the Office of Professional Responsibility, OPR. They are basically, internal affairs for the FBI. He called me to warn me that Thomas wrote a report that he thinks I am on the take. So there will be an investigation into that. He also told me Thomas is under investigation. Sandra Houston made a complaint against him. She stated that he was pushing her and me out. He told her to plant evidence, to have cause to arrest and pressure a member of the Crips last month, according to her complaint. Trey knows I am not on the take. I am making a formal complaint against Thomas as well. They are planning to use the call and his plan to set your club up, against him. You need to call to let Mayhem and whoever else at your club know what is going on. I made sure you could hear all of that, so you know, I am not against you. I think your club knows more than they are saying about Alejandro and The Texas Patriots. That is fine. They deserve or deserved more justice than the law would give or give them anyways. I love you, Colby. For this to work, I have to show both you and your family, I am trustworthy. I will do that because you are worth it.” I tell him. He immediately attacks me with a very passionate kiss.

      When we part I remind him to let his club know. Colby gets his phone and calls Mayhem on speaker. “No secrets or doubts with us,” he tells me. When he answers, “What’s up? Everything okay, Tech?” he asks. “ Prez, trouble headed our way. Get Khaos and Wolf, then I will tell you all what’s happening. We also need to have church tomorrow and Ryder needs to be in on it, so he can explain everything to everyone better.” Colby replies. “We can do that if needed. They are here and you're on speaker.” Mayhem replies. “Ryder just talked to his boss. That man is a real piece of work. He talked trash about us. He demanded that Ryder and another agent he is sending here, to plant something on us, then raid us. He wants to use the threat of freezing our assets, seizing them, and prison, to make us talk. Ryder asked ‘What if they are innocent and know nothing?’ He said he didn’t care then they would still have our assets and us in prison.  That asshole is dirty as they come. Ryder has a friend in the FBI's version of internal affairs helping him to try to take the asshole down.” Colby informs them. You can hear growls and cursing on the line. “We will have church in the morning at 10. Make sure to bring Ryder with you. Tell him thanks for the heads up.” Mayhem replies with anger in his voice. I nod to Colby, I will be there. “We’ll be there, Prez. See you in the morning.” Colby states. After he hangs up we decide to shower, order in, and veg out watching movies.