Kendall's Pov (10)

I want to try on these skinny jeans and a skimpy top. I want to look different from my usual self. So I'm currently on a blue crop top but I had to wear a full button cardigan because my confidence level is at one percent.

I feel conscious of my nonexistent front and backside. It's a night out with my bestie and some of his friends at our regular viewing center.
We rescheduled our hang-out today and I won't miss that for a cup of ice cream with Jessica who's crying over spilled milk.

She was exhausted with Landon acting like they were just friends even when rumor already has it that they're together.

Folks were beginning to question the truthfulness of their situation because there hasn't been any acknowledgment from both sides by a popular show of affection in the hallways, class or cafeteria.

She said they had an argument over it and Landon prefers to focus more on his career which wasn't what Jess wanted.

She craved a trophy relationship, the title of the best couple in May blossom high. They argued over it for hours and she stormed off crying, she deleted his number in my presence.

At this point, I feel the heavens are smiling at me. I don't like that my friend is heartbroken but I like that it makes me feel hopeful and yesterday Landon called me 'love' huh!...

I bite my lip, feeling tingly all over, tonight is special because I'll finally get to spend time with him without Jessica popping up since she already had his number deleted. I guess that's a good hint.

I might probably shoot my shot today.
And before you ask, I don't know how to flirt, I had to watch YouTube videos and read up some.

I'm at Parker's place, it's a two-story complex and the game house is on the first floor. I climb a few steps up, rubbing my hands from the cold. I hear voices coming from a distance.

Probably guys who placed bets and it got cut. I walk towards the entrance and push the glass door open. Thank heavens the lights are dim. I hate unnecessary attention, I don't wanna miss a step and give people the impression that I'm clumsy.

I stand there looking for my friend and his friends and my eyes light up when I see him at the corner in our favorite spot where the TV is close to the window and cushions surrounding it.

I check out the other guys too, Florida, Texas, King Cairo, and...

"Oh, thank heavens he's not here" I gush as I feel relief wash over me before walking over to them.

"K!!!" Landon presses me into his huge frame and I rue putting on this old cardigan, we would have melted body to body.

"You made it?!" he smiles, squeezing my cheeks in such a weird manner that got the others watching like hulks. I don't care.

"Hey T-boy, what's good?" Florida calls. He got that from Terri I'm sure. I nod in their direction.

Texas is fixed on his game, scrolling the pad and so was Cairo with his curly dark hair which always seemed moist. They're both playing against each other at the moment and it seems Texas is taking the win because Cairo is gripping his sexy hair in agitation.

Florida laughs out loud in sheer mockery of his teammate King-Cairo for being a loser.

He has such an awesome name though.

We all used to think he's from Africa because of Cairo and his tanning but it turns out his parents are just weirdos who thought combining such words to form a first name was awesome. His mother is a famous Hollywood reality TV star. I mean who doesn't know Indiana Monarch?