Epilogue

Unedited

Author's POV:

It's a fine day. Vani is cooking in the kitchen, and Shekar is hugging her from the back, nuzzling his face into her neck.

"Stop it, Shekar. Let me cook," Vani said with difficulty as her husband kissed her nape.

"You do your work and let me do mine," said Shekar.

Vani sighed, listening to her stubborn husband. No wonder her son inherited all his father's stubbornness. And now that grandson of hers is also stubborn like his grandfather and father.

Here Vani thought about her son, and the next moment he made his entry into the kitchen.

"Mr. Shekar Chandra, this is not fair. There, your lovely grandson is not allowing me to romance and here you are happily romancing with my mother," Avi said, whining.

"And here comes my romance spoiler," Shekar said with a poker face, to which Vani slapped his hand.

"So what? He is doing the same thing that you have been doing for the past 28 years," Shekar said with a tight-lipped smile.

Avi glared at his father and then looked at his mother and complained, "Amma, see your husband is teasing me."

"Oy!! Why are you teasing my son?" Vani asked, glaring at her husband.

"What did I do? I was just stating the facts," Shekar said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Amma, I'm telling you, this man is spoiling my son," said Avi.

"I didn't do anything. I have just told him, don't let your Nanna around be your Amma," Shekar said, grinning like a fool.

Vani controlled her laugh, listening to her husband's words.

They were arguing when Shekar felt a pull on his pants. He looked down and saw his one-and-a-half-year-old grandson giving him a toothy smile. He gestured for his grandfather to pick him up in his arms. Abhi's face and shirt are covered with colours. Shekar smiled at him and happily picked up Abhi in his arms.

Avi looked at his son, narrowing his eyes, and asked, "What are you doing here, little man?"

"Thatha!" Abhi said, hiding his face in the crook of his grandfather's neck.

Vani smiled, looking at her grandson's antics. She continued to do her work, not wanting to become a third wheel between them.

"Oh God! Abhi, I'm searching for you in the whole house. And what the hell did you do to my room, little man?" Maya said while coming towards them and huffing badly.

Avi gave her a glass of water and side-hugged her. She drank water and placed her head on Avi's shoulder.

"What did my naughty boy do this time?" Shekar asked, looking at his grandson.