20. (m)

Ace awoke to fading darkness.

Tangled in the satin sheets, he instinctively began to elongate his body in a much needed stretch. When he got to his arms, he was hindered and fell back onto the bed as a result.

Jasper's body was warm. His arms covered his chest, while his head lied comfortably on Ace's arm, like he'd done it a thousand times before. His soft breaths met the skin of Ace's upper torso with peaceful momentum.

Ace's heart rate quickened at the sight of Jasper, who so easily contorted to fit the shape of his body like it was his own.

And Ace watched. He couldn't turn away.

And how could he?

With the reminders of their night so unabashedly imprinted on Jasper's skin. The fading bite marks worn like a badge on his torso, soft scratches and dark hickies that adorned his neck, shoulders and hips like an emblem.

They served as a constant reminder of their passion, the pleasure they shared. The pleasure that Ace gave Jasper and vice versa.

Knowing Jasper's body was tainted by passion because of Ace was enough to make his heart speed up with admiration, his stomach curl with butterflies and his eyes greedily take in the sight before him with a certain fervor.

A fervor mixed with admiration, fondness and selfish, possessive desire.

And Ace's body wasn't far in appearance.

His back still tender from Jasper digging and dragging his nails into the skin feverishly. His neck was sore from teeth and if he closed his eyes, he could almost recall the feeling of Jasper's mouth latching onto the smooth skin, biting and sucking; marking Ace in various spots as if Ace belonged to him.

Because as Ace quickly learned, Jasper was a selfish lover. He was avaricious; needed a constant reminder of his adoration for everyone to see.

Jasper was greedy and possessive, and whether it was due to the heat of the moment, Jasper's words stuck with Ace throughout the night and rung in his ears this morning.

You're mine now.

No one else will touch you but me.

I won't ever share you, Acen.

It hadn't scared Ace, because initially, he'd brushed it off as sex talk. But Ace was beginning to wonder if Jasper's possessive demeanor was here to stay.

He recalled the incidents where he'd entertained other people, and Jasper's reaction to them.

And now that their relationship has amounted to a startling form of intimacy, Ace wondered how far Jasper's unbridled passion would stretch.

Ace decided to silence his thoughts, and instead, chose to revel in the feeling of Jasper's body pressed against his.

Every time he was with Jasper, he felt as if these moments were fleeting. Jasper was prone to switch up on a dime, and his mood could change drastically with the wrong sentence, so Ace cherished this feeling, not knowing if Jasper would wake up and regret the night they spent together.

He maneuvered his body to change into a more comfortable position, with Jasper pressed against his front.

He was almost comfortable, but cursed when he noticed Jasper stir a bit, awakening slightly due to the movement.

His eyes fluttered, blond hair catching in his dark eyelashes and Ace stilled, hoping to gauge Jasper's reaction to their position and what they did the previous night all at once.