Chapter 24 (RR)

Rye's POV

Everyone is having breakfast at our long table today. Even uncle Sage is here with his family. They spent the night here to attend the triplets' birthday. They'll return to their home later after eating. Actually, they were just living near the mansion. It was the second biggest house next to ours in our place.

"Why are you wearing matching shirts today?" Aki asked the two.
Rain and Cloud wore a black t-shirt with a small print in the middle.

"Well, we got this gift from Riley. He said we would look cute if we were wearing matching outfits." Cloud bragged.

Should I wear matching clothes with Aki too? Fuck! I can't imagine.

"If you really like him, what are Riley's favorite flowers?" I asked them. Actually, I've been thinking since I woke up what flowers to give when I talk to him.

"Red roses." Rain grinned. This kid is lying.

"Tulips. Don't believe in him." Cloud told me.

Cloud is more convincing.

Tulips then.

I was early to buy the most beautiful tulips in the shop. Riley deserved the best.

I brought it to my classroom first to ensure my gift's safety.

Elaine walked towards me. I am not used to seeing her with short hair. The one that caught my attention before was her long silky hair, and now it's gone.

"Oh, Tulips." She exclaimed. "You really know what I..."

"Elaine, this is not for you." I civilly talked to her. She is still my ex. If she could only fix her relationship with my family before, then I could have stayed.
"This is for someone I like."

"Who?" She faked a smile before asking calmly.

"You know him. Riley."

"You've got to be kidding me. That guy is a slut. He fucks every handsome guy in this university." She announced it again.

"Hey, Elaine. We know Riley is not like that. Be careful with your words. Riley is our friend here." Cielo, one of our classmates, said. Ri is really popular anywhere.

"I am just telling the truth." Elaine shouted.

Was she always like this?
Was I too blind to notice before?

"I don't appreciate you saying those stuff to Ri. You don't want to be my enemy, do you? Out of all the people here, you know how worst I am to people who try to mess up with me. Be careful next time."
I placed the flowers carefully on the empty seat beside me.

After our dance last night, I couldn't talk to him since mommy Ira was dragging him anywhere. It's like they want him to stay away from me. I hope they will be okay with Ri. My first relationship failed because all of my family hated Elaine.

I should have known that she is not the right one. I found out that she is targetting Aki too. I didn't feel jealous. I was so mad instead, not at her but to myself. I can't believe I let someone use me shamelessly. I hate to admit it, but I was so wrong.

It was lunchtime when I saw Ri in their building with his best friend, Maru.

"Hi, Ri." I handed him the flowers.
He accepted it and put it in his locker.

"Thank you for this." He looked at Maru. "Wait for me here. I forgot something." He ran to their classroom again.

Maru smiled at me. "You like Riley? You should have at least researched what he likes first. Let me tell you this, Riley hates Tulips the most." Maru chuckled.