Chapter 42

Chapter 42: Alliance Ritual

Hey everyone. You all know something when I started this story I never thought that it would evolve into this. I thought it would be just a simple short little story, like the many out there already. Instead, I get this and so many loyal, encouraging readers. Thanks to all for reviewing, following, favoring, and sharing around.

I do not own Harry Potter and I am not making a profit off of my fan fiction.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Talk"

'Think'

"Parseltongue"

"Nightshade"

Chapter 42 - Alliance Ritual

'Why didn't you come straight back? Viktor had been there for ten minutes before you showed up. What were you doing?' Hermione muttered darkly through their bond, glaring at Harry. She glanced back to the school heads and judges as the argued in the teacher's table in the great hall.

Harry hummed, rolling back onto his heels. 'I will explain at the meeting I'll be calling tonight.'

'Calling tonight? It's a bit short notice isn't it?' Draco pointed out. Harry hummed again but didn't add on.

Ginny looked over at Harry, who stood beside the other champions looking on at the mass of students. 'Alpha did you meet with Tom again?'

'Tonight Pack. No more questions.' It was an order, one they wouldn't disobey. Ginny nodded, leaning into Draco's side.

"We are pleased to announce that Harrison Evans is our Twi-Wizard Champion!" Mr. Crouch looked anything but please. Harry figured that he was still sore about the first task. Harry didn't really care either way. "In second place we have Viktor Krum, in third Cedric Diggory, and in fourth is Fleur Delacour. Well done champions."

The great hall exploded in sound. Students cheered, whistled, and pounded on tables. Harry felt the beginning of a headache starting behind his eyes. 'Pack start alerting the Venatores. I will call them after curfew. Twins have the mirrors ready for our new recruits.' He accepted the cup and bag of money handed to him. He forced himself to smile to the crowd of cheering students and at the cameras taking pictures for different papers.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Harry stood from his seat with calm confidence. "My Venatores, the first business of the night is welcoming our new hunters among us." A group of 16 stepped into the room from a side chamber. Fleur lead the group. "We have 16 more to help in the fight." The new Venatores joined and mixed with the original.

'Alpha?' Hermione pushed. She had waited and now she wanted answers.

"Venatores... I have made a decision. Viktor Krum is an ally, our first, and today I have decided to expand our Allies to encompass the Dark Lord Voldemort." Harry stopped to allow his followers to comprehend what he told them and like he knew they would, some started to shout in disagreement. He heard some yelling how Tom couldn't be trusted and others how Tom was insane. Harry ignored them, just waiting them out.

"Venatores." He infused his voice with his magic forcing all attention to be on him and the room to silence. The Pack sat behind him silent, strong. "The Dark Lord is not our enemy. I have been in contact with him for two years. You may have heard stories of him, I can tell you that he is sane and his plans have changed. I would not have agreed to an alliance if I did not truly believe that his plans coincided with our plans to save Mother Magic. Voldemort is the true Dark Lord of the Old Ways. This Summer I plan to meet with the Neutral Lord and gain an alliance with her as well."