03

SAVE MY SOUL

Jenny was happy.

Happy, it felt like a distant dream, and it was strange to feel that way for someone that used to be the picture perfect vision of happiness. But she was happy again and she felt like an ocean of butterflies, high on the feeling of fluttering through someone else's wings.

"You're staring," Jenny commented as she laid in bed with the sheet pulled up to her chin.

Elijah was currently getting dressed this morning after their activities and he hadn't once stopped staring at her. Literally.

She was sure he even watched her sleep last night just to make sure she didn't, well, disappear. But she wasn't exactly the perfect sleeper; she had nightmares about the dark place and she'd wake up in a fit, thinking she was a ghost again. She had clutched onto him so tightly in the night but he never once complained and simply coaxed her back to sleep, running his fingers softly through her hair like a lullaby.

"I would call it admiring," he corrected as he attempted to do his tie for the third time.

"You've been admiring all morning," she responded as she sat up and moved her legs over the edge of the bed. One of them moved out from under the cover.

Elijah stopped with his tie and knelt in front of her. His fingers glided up her bare leg as he laid a kiss on her knee. She shivered as he spoke, "Am I supposed to stop?"

She blushed as she shook her head, "No."

She ran her fingers through his hair before kissing him deeply. His hand glided up her leg, past her knee and to her thigh.

When she pulled away, she breathed heavily, whispering her heart's declaration between breaths, "I love you."

He smiled, "And I'll love you forever."

He kissed her again before he moved his lips to her jaw and then to her neck. She was going to protest as they had somewhere to be but once he found the right spot on her neck, her protest died.

She ended up doing his tie for him later.

_____

"It's not fair."

They got out of the car once they arrived at this place where a vampire named Marcel resided. While Elijah looked impeccable because he could get ready with vampire speed, she on the other hand looked terrible.

Her hair was up in a messy bun and she didn't have any makeup on. But at least she wore a coat that hid the hickeys on her neck.

"You look like...that and I look..."

"Beautiful," he answered with a small smirk.

She gave him a look, "And it's all your fault because of this morning. Now I look..."

        He cut her off with a kiss and her head felt a bit dizzy when he pulled away. Not to mention the butterflies that erupted. And his eyes had a glow as he looked at her.

              She held onto him by the lapels of his coat as she tried to gain her balance. She looked up at him with a playful glare. He could so easily dissipate all of her rambling thoughts. She breathed deeply, "You're so lucky I love you."

                "Yes, I do know, Jenny Stevens," he gave her a soft look before taking her hand and leading her behind him.

             She didn't quite understand why Elijah wanted her to go with him to check on Rebekah but she had no reason to complain. But now they were here outside a rundown building and there were, surprisingly, a crowd of people.