Chapter 10

(Narrator's POV)

Back on Homeworld, Holly Blue Agate was fuming at her failure at dealing with Spinel. Not only did Steven once again ruin her plan, he's now aware of her recent attempts to rid herself of him.

"Gah! Now Steven knows about my plans! Though I have nothing to fear due to using proxies in my attempts, this still infuriates me! Even worse: Those accursed Crystal Gems of his likely know now as well and will no doubt keep him and that Spinel out of my reach! Can things get any worse?!?" She ranted as a voice simply chuckled.

"Ah. Holly Blue Agate. Good to see you." The voice of Aquamarine said as she and Eyeball appeared, causing Holly Blue to roll her eyes in disgust. While the two Gems had been her proxies, it didn't make dealing with them any less aggravating.

"What are you two doing back here? What do you want? I can see you both failed at dealing with Steven." Holly Blue said in annoyance as Eyeball huffed in reply.

"He has grown stronger! Even without those Gems, he handled us by himself! You didn't tell us he was going to be THAT hard to deal with!!" She exclaimed as Holly Blue rolled her eyes.

"Of course! He's a Diamond! He may be half organic. But he still has the strength of a Diamond! What, did you think he'd be as easy as he was the last time you both encountered him?" She asked as Aquamarine smirked.

"Speaking of that, I was wondering: My old wand. The one I had during that time....." She began to ask until Holly Blue raised a hand to stop her.

"Don't even bother asking. It's in the armory. And the only one who can access said armory are the Diamonds and Steven himself." She said as Aquamarine huffed.

"Blast it all! If I only had my old wand, we'd see just how tough Steven is! It defeated him and his Gems last time! There's got to be a way to access the armory. Maybe if we integrated ourselves on Earth again..." She began to say..

"And I'm supposed to be the dumb one? You know that won't work. They're all onto us now. Steven. Those Gems. All of them. And it's even worse now that they likely know about us being a part of Holly's plans!" Eyeball said as Holly Blue crossed her arms.

"Hmm. There must be a way. Maybe we don't need to go to him....but rather bring him to us. Or rather force him to comply." She said as Aquamarine chuckled.

"If it's that you're going with, then I have a few key targets we could go after to get Steven's attention: Those Crystal Gems for starters. That Lapis Lazuli and Peridot are also two Gems he's quite fond of. Either of them will do. Or for a more personal hit, maybe that human female he's fond of?" She said as Holly Blue shook her head.

"I'd rather not tangle with a Lapis Lazuli. And that fusion and Pearl are just as much of a headache. So none of them. That Peridot would be a good choice but she's always around either Steven or that Lapis Lazuli. But you mentioned a human female Steven's fond of?" Holly Blue asked as Aquamarine nodded.

"Yes. I believe Steven calls her Connie. A rather noisy human from what I remember. She wouldn't stop screaming when we captured her and some other humans to take to Homeworld. And I'm willing to assume she was STILL screaming after we left. But regardless of my own despisition of her, Steven's still quite fond of her. She may be the best target to get him to comply." She said as Holly Blue chuckled.

"Then it's decided. Now we just need a way to get to her." She said as the 3 of them continued work on the details of their plan.

Oh snap! Holly Blue, Aquamarine and Eyeball are plotting to target Connie! How will this play out? See ya next chapter!

Lurkerbelow

katlady1

Endie_287

FilippoMasiero2

Craftfury